Perry Ellis one of few positives for KU against Baylor
1. Ben McLemore: The freshman's best road game ended up being his last one. McLemore led KU with 23 points on 8-for-16 shooting, which included 5-for-9 shooting from three-point range. A few of those threes were impressive too, including one where he jumped to catch a pass from the lane, landed, and immediately sprung up to drain a three. McLemore added three rebounds and two assists but also had a team-high four turnovers.
2. Perry Ellis: If you're looking for a positive for KU, Ellis was definitely it. The freshman easily had his best game in Big 12 play, looking sure of himself offensively against a good shot-blocking team in Baylor. The freshman finished with 12 points on 5-for-7 shooting with three rebounds, two assists, one steal and no turnovers in 22 minutes.
3. Jeff Withey: One of KU coach Bill Self's frustrations after the game was that Withey was only able to get three shots up. The senior made all of them, posting eight points with eight rebounds in 34 minutes. While battling foul trouble, Withey had a few nice defensive stretches, adding four blocks to go with an assist and two turnovers.
4. Elijah Johnson: After three great games, Johnson struggled Saturday, making just three of 13 shots and one of six threes. He finished with 10 points, two assists and three turnovers, but his biggest issues were on the defensive end, where he was one of a few Jayhawks who couldn't do anything to keep Baylor guard Pierre Jackson in front of him.
5. Travis Releford: Releford has now scored two points or less in two Big 12 games: at TCU and at Baylor. When he doesn't score, KU usually doesn't play well. Releford contributed just two points on 1-for-6 shooting, adding three rebounds and two assists to go with two turnovers. Like Johnson, he wasn't able to slow down Pierre Jackson defensively.
6. Jamari Traylor: Missed a shot, but had two rebounds, an assist and a block in six minutes.
7. Kevin Young: The senior was shut out for the first game this season. He never seemed to get into the game after picking up two early fouls, missing both of his field-goal attempts, which included an alley-oop. Young also had two rebounds and a turnover in 15 minutes.
8. Naadir Tharpe: The sophomore didn't give KU a boost when he went in, making just one of six field goals for two points. He had an assist and no turnovers in 13 minutes.
9. Justin Wesley: Had a foul and no other stats in two minutes.
10. Rio Adams: Made one of four free throws and had a turnover and two rebounds in two minutes.
11. Andrew White III: Missed both three-pointers he attempted and had a foul in two minutes.
KUsports.com Season Standings
1. Jeff Withey (251 points)
2. Ben McLemore (238 points)
3. Travis Releford (226 points)
4. Kevin Young (186 points)
5. Elijah Johnson (176 points)
6. Naadir Tharpe (155 points)
7. Perry Ellis (135 points)
8. Jamari Traylor (100 points)
9. Andrew White III (50 points)
10. Rio Adams (34 points)
11. Justin Wesley (22 points)
Big 12 Standings
1. Jeff Withey (160 points)
2. Ben McLemore (149 points)
3. Travis Releford (141 points)
4. Kevin Young (127 points)
5. Elijah Johnson (100 points)
6. Naadir Tharpe (94 points)
7. Perry Ellis (83 points)
8. Jamari Traylor (59 points)
9. Andrew White III (27 points)
10. Rio Adams (19 points)
11. Justin Wesley (15 points)