Travis Releford, Jeff Withey top ratings against Washington State
1. Travis Releford: The senior broke out of his shooting slump, going 6-for-7 from the floor and 2-for-3 from three to lead KU with 17 points in 23 minutes. The performance came after a lackluster first three games offensively when he was 0-for-11 from three and hadn't made any shots outside of layups. Releford also was 3-for-3 from the line Monday and added an assist with no turnovers.
2. Jeff Withey: His defensive presence had an effect on the Pac-12's leading returning scorer Brock Motum, who finished with 14 points on 6-for-18 shooting. Withey himself posted five blocks, changed many other shots and added eight points on 4-for-8 shooting with six rebounds in 19 minutes.
3. Perry Ellis: Nice bounceback game for him, as he was about as efficient as you can be offensively. He scored 14 points while attempting just three field goals, making all eight of his free throws to go with three rebounds, two assists, a block and a steal in 14 minutes.
4. Ben McLemore: Showed his tremendous athleticism with another putback dunk, leading one KUsports.com poster to nickname him, "StickMac" during our live-game blog. Had 11 points on 3-for-6 shooting (2-for-4 from three) in 24 minutes.
5. Kevin Young: Gave great energy in his first start of the year, contributing four points and 10 rebounds in his 18 minutes.
6. Elijah Johnson: Had a tough shooting night from deep, making just 2 of 8 three-pointers to finish with eight points, four assists and two turnovers in a team-high 26 minutes.
7. Naadir Tharpe: The sophomore forced up one ill-advised mid-range jumper in transition, but other than that, he played a solid game. He had five points on 2-for-5 shooting with four assists and no turnovers in 18 minutes.
8. Jamari Traylor: He picks his spots well in the post, driving to the opposite side of the rim for one layup while banging into a defender to put in a bucket with a foul another time. He finished with five points on 2-for-4 shooting with four defensive rebounds, a block and a steal in 15 minutes.
9. Andrew White III: Made his first three-pointer and finished with five points on 1-for-2 shooting with two rebounds and an assist in nine minutes.
10. Justin Wesley: Had three points, four rebounds and two turnovers in 10 minutes.
11. Rio Adams: Missed all four of his shots in eight minutes.
KUsports.com Season Standings
T1. Ben McLemore (34 points)
T1. Jeff Withey (34 points)
3. Travis Releford (28 points)
4. Elijah Johnson (26 points)
5. Perry Ellis (23 points)
T6. Jamari Traylor (21 points)
T6. Naadir Tharpe (21 points)
8. Kevin Young (14 points)
9. Rio Adams (7 points)
10. Justin Wesley (6 points)
11. Andrew White III (5 points)
— Compiled by Jesse Newell and Tom Keegan. Written by Jesse Newell.