4-star forward Malik Hall no longer considering Kansas

2019 F Malik Hall

2019 F Malik Hall by Matt Scott

Class of 2019 forward Malik Hall announced his top 5 schools on Saturday and Kansas did not make the cut. The 6-foot-8 hybrid forward from Sunrise Academy in Bel Aire, KS, has narrowed his list to Oklahoma, Michigan State, Oregon, Texas and Purdue.

Michigan State is the most recent program to offer Hall a scholarship. The Spartans offered on Aug. 14, while both Oregon and Texas extended their offers to Hall back in May. Of the five schools remaining on Hall's list, Purdue has been recruiting him the longest. The Boilermakers offered Hall back in December.

Even without Hall in the mix, the Jayhawks still have plenty of options at the forward position in the 2019 class.

Five-star IMG prospect Jeremiah Robinson-Earl is a skilled forward that can play both inside and out. Fellow-five-star forward Matthew Hurt also can play the wing position and is a match-up nightmare for opponents.

Kansas is also in the mix for more traditional power forward Zeke Nnaji (Hopkins, Minn.), who would fit in well alongside Hurt and Robinson-Earl.

Comments

Tony Bandle 1 month, 1 week ago

I think Malik saw the handwriting on the Hall...er..I mean the wall! Rob-E and The Big Hurt may have been just a little too much competition.

Steve Quatrocky 1 month ago

If he was concerned about PT, then he isnt as good as he thinks or his high ranking.

Gerry Butler 1 month ago

I agree. I mean I'm not butt hurt by him not coming by any means , but I agree If your think your one of the best - -then no one should really stop you. Prove you are what you say you are on the court let your ballin do your talking for you. Prove your best by competing against the best. Take what you want the best way to prove yourself is to show. - I don't think he was going to be begore any of the other 3 we are after- still wish him the best of luck. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

RJ King 1 month ago

Hmmm ... kind of like Frank Mason.

[''] 1 month ago

You can't fire me, I quit....

Craig Carson 1 month ago

does suck that KU missed out on a ranked kid FROM Kansas...not too often we have a kid like that...landing Hurt and Earl will make me forget all about him lol

Joe Black 1 month ago

Probably not really from KS. He is playing for Sunrise Academy's prep school not their high school team. These kids come from all over the country to try and get seen by major colleges.

Craig Carson 1 month ago

AH, I did not know that..thanks for the info..didnt think we had HS like that is Kansas

Joe Ross 1 month ago

We don't know how the scholarship situation is going to go. I'd rather get SG Josh Green and add PF JRE. I'm sure we have other recruits lined up so this is not the worst news.

Andy Godwin 1 month ago

According to Gary Bedore gbedore@kcstar.com

"Hall — who is ranked No. 50 in the recruiting class of 2019 by Rivals.com — had both Kansas and Missouri on his original list of schools as well as Illinois, Louisville, Iowa, TCU, Villanova, California, Oklahoma State, DePaul, Butler, Notre Dame and others.

He’s originally from Aurora, Ill.

The Star’s Alex Schiffer had predicted KU would not be on Hall’s final list.

“He said at the Peach Jam that the Jayhawks haven’t reached out much,” Schiffer wrote on Friday."

[''] 1 month ago

Read: KU had cursory interest and that faded....and then this kid says" You're not breaking up with ME, I am breaking up with YOU."

Dave Painter 1 month ago

Off track here...but when does the Men's Conference Schedule come out?

Matt Tait 1 month ago

Could be any day now. Has been late August in the past, but also seemed to drag a little the past couple of years, with the release coming in September.

Should be in the next 3-4 weeks, though.

Dave Painter 1 month ago

Thanks Matt! The last 2 seasons. I've taken my boys to one away game. We've hit TCU and OSU. Hope that Austin works out for this year. Amazing to see the ticket prices for hoops at all the other Big 12 schools and see the mark up when KU hits town.

Tony Bandle 1 month ago

Consider it the ultimate complement!!