1. Tony Pierson: Was responsible for a truly amazing case of an athlete making chicken salad out of chicken feed. He caught the pass near the line of scrimmage and his path was blocked in every direction, so he went East and West over and over, moved forward, made another hard cut and raced for a 39-yard gain on his final play of the day and maybe for a few weeks. He was knocked out on the sidelines and a likely concussion will keep the team’s most exciting player on the shelf for an indefinite period. He had six catches for 118 yards.
2. Ben Heeney: Opened the game with an interception and finished the half with a throw-down tackle that turned a touchdown into a field goal. Was all over the field and played with phenomenal energy.
3. Darrian Miller: He and Brandon Bourbon will have to combined to soften the blow of losing Pierson. Miller led KU with 67 rushing yards, averaging 5.6 yards per carry.
4. Andrew Turzilli: Made highlight catch on the right boundary of the end zone for a touchdown, putting himself back in the picture.
5. Conner Embree: Returning punts is the toughest job in football and Embree has a knack for it. He’s courageous, sure-handed and shifty. Returned three for 33 yards.
6. Cassius Sendish: Looked great blitzing his way to a 10-yard sack and had 11 tackles.
7. Courtney Arnick: Brings more speed to the outside linebacker position, which makes him a threat blitzing and in pass coverage. Had nine tackles, forced a fumble was credited with a quarterback hurry and had a pass break up that should have been an interception.
8. Jimmay Mundine: Caught his fifth career touchdown pass and seems to have put a bad case of the drops in his rear-view mirror.
9. JaCorey Shepherd: When the defense has to stay on the field for 100 plays, fatigue will set in. But he and fellow cornerback Dexter McDonald did a terrific job of pass coverage early in the game. Shepherd broke up four passes.
10. Dexter Linton: Safety hits hard and is having a solid season.
Keegan Ratings Season Standings
T1. Ben Heeney (31 points)
T1. Tony Pierson (31 points)
3. James Sims (22 points)
4. Darrian Miller (17 points)
T5. Matthew Wyman (14 points)
T5. Dexter McDonald (14 points)
7. Trevor Pardula (11 points)
T8. Keon Stowers (8 points)
T8. Connor Embree (8 points)
T10. Andrew Turzilli (7 points)
T10. Michael Reynolds (7 points)
T10. Isaiah Johnson (7 points)
T13. Josh Ford (6 points)
T13. Victor Simmons (6 points)
T13. JaCorey Shepherd (6 points)
16. Cassius Sendish (5 points)
T17. Courtney Arnick (4 points)
T17. Jimmay Mundine (4 points)
T19. Jake Heaps (3 points)
T19. Brandon Bourbon (3 points)
T19. Keba Agostinho (3 points)
22. Jake Love (2 points)
23. Dexter Linton (1 point)