1. James Sims: Rushed for 96 of his 114 yards in the first half and repeatedly pushed a pile of defenders, making something out of nothing.
2. Jake Love: Led team with 13 tackles, two for losses.
3. Jake Heaps: Betrayed by more drops that a carton of Smith Brother’s lozenges, Heaps zipped accurate passes, sometimes into tight spots and all he had to show for them were lousy numbers: 7 for 19, 72 yards. The line protected well for him, but Kansas desperately needs to recruit another impact receiver or two to join Miami (Ohio) transfer Nick Harwell.
4. Dexter McDonald: Showed good balance and hands, leaning back and reaching up to snag an interception.
5. Tedarian Johnson: Will play a key role in the middle of the defense next season. Had five tackles.
6. Dexter Linton: Had four tackles, one for a loss.
7. Courtney Arnick: Quick linebacker/nickel back had seven tackles.
8. Ben Heeney: Missed more tackles than he usually does but also had some big ones, catching ball carriers from behind.
9. Riley Spencer: Did a nice job in protecting the quarterback’s blind side.
10. Damon Martin: Right guard has two remaining years of eligibility, which means two more years to improve his already impressive strength and two more years to become well-conditioned.
James Sims (68 points) Ben Heeney (57 points) Tony Pierson (41 points) JaCorey Shepherd (40 points) Keon Stowers (29 points) Victor Simmons (28 points) Darrian Miller (27 points) Trevor Pardula (26 points) Michael Reynolds (25 points) Jake Love (24 points) Isaiah Johnson (21 points) Dexter McDonald (21 points) Cassius Sendish (16 points) Josh Ford (15 points) Rodriguez Coleman (15 points) Matthew Wyman (14 points) Andrew Turzilli (14 points) Dexter Linton (14 points) Brandon Bourbon (13 points) Keba Agostinho (13 points) Jake Heaps (13 points) Connor Embree (12 points) Montell Cozart (12 points) B en Goodman (9 points) Courtney Arnick (9 points) Tedarian Johnson (6 points) Riley Spencer (6 points) Jimmay Mundine (4 points) Kevin Young (4 points) Damon Martin (4 points) Ngalu Fusimalohi (3 points) Gavin Howard (2 points)