Junior Reynolds rare KU bright spot in showdown
1. Michael Reynolds: Arrived at KU fast and consistently became stronger and more efficient as a player with a knack for getting in the backfield to make big plays. Credited with 3.5 tackles for loss, a sack and six overall tackles. Wichita native primed for a big senior season.
2. Ben Heeney: Team’s best player on the season, despite knee injury that sidelined him for a stretch in mid-season. In on 10 tackles, including 1.5 behind line of scrimmage.
3. Victor Simmons: There was not a more entertaining play from a Jayhawk than Simmons flying in untouched on a blitz for a 10-yard sack. Forced a fumble and had three solo tackles.
4. Jordan Tavai: Made the most of his final game, picking up three tackles behind the line of scrimmage and five overall.
5. Courtney Arnick: Very active, quick player who has a good nose for the ball. In on six tackles, including one behind the line of scrimmage.
6. Dexter Linton: In on eight tackles and had one pass-break, a productive conclusion to a solid career during which he showed significant improvement every year.
7. Cassius Sendish: Solid defensive back is a sure tackler and he had four of them against the Wildcats.
8. Isaiah Johnson: Picked up his fifth interception, the most by a KU player in the past five seasons.
9. Jake Heaps: He came out of the bullpen and immediately energized the team by zipping on-target passes, some of which were even caught.
10. Justin “Career Day” McCay: His five catches were the most by a KU wide receiver in a 2013 game. It was also a single-game career high, as was his yardage total (45).
James Sims (68 points) Ben Heeney (66 points) Tony Pierson (41 points) JaCorey Shepherd (40 points) Victor Simmons (36 points) Michael Reynolds (35 points) Keon Stowers (29 points) Darrian Miller (27 points) Trevor Pardula (26 points) Jake Love (24 points) Isaiah Johnson (24 points) Dexter McDonald (21 points) Cassius Sendish (20 points) Dexter Linton (19 points) Josh Ford (15 points) Rodriguez Coleman (15 points) Courtney Arnick (15 points) Jake Heaps (15 points) Matthew Wyman (14 points) Andrew Turzilli (14 points) Brandon Bourbon (13 points) Keba Agostinho (13 points) Connor Embree (12 points) Montell Cozart (12 points) Ben Goodman (9 points) Jordan Tavai (7 points) Tedarian Johnson (6 points) Riley Spencer (6 points) Jimmay Mundine (4 points) Kevin Young (4 points) Damon Martin (4 points) Ngalu Fusimalohi (3 points) Gavin Howard (2 points) Justin McCay (1 point)