Running backs, offensive linemen take top spots in Rice loss
1. Tony Pierson: Rushed for 120 yards, giving him 244 rushing yards for the season. Averaged 6.3 yards per carry and busted a 28-yard run.
2. Taylor Cox: Rushed for 79 yards and a touchdown, giving him 200 rushing yards and two touchdowns, two games into the season.
3. Greg Brown: Ripped an interception right out of the arms of a Rice receiver.
4. Duane Zlatnik: Blew open holes up the middle for the running backs.
5. Tanner Hawkinson: Helped to supply quarterback Dayne Crist with decent enough protection to keep scanning the field in search of open receivers.
6. Trevor Marrongelli: Has worked himself into a very reliable center.
7. Toben Opurum: On an otherwise quiet day for the defensive line, Opurum contributed big plays. He was credited with a sack, two tackles for losses, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery.
8. Tunde Bakare: Had team-high nine tackles, seven of the solo variety.
9. Jimmay Mundine: A 23-yard touchdown reception was among his three catches.
10. Schyler Miles: Recovered a fumble and scored on a 1-yard run.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Tony Pierson (20 points)
2. Duane Zlatnik (15 points)
3. Taylor Cox (14 points)
4. Trevor Marrongelli (12 points)
5. Tanner Hawkinson (10 points)
6. Bradley McDougald (9 points)
7. Greg Brown (8 points)
8. Josh Williams (6 points)
9. Toben Opurum (4 points)
T10. Kale Pick (3 points)
T10. Tunde Bakare (3 points)
T12. Jimmay Mundine (2 points)
T12. Josh Ford (2 points)
T14. Chris Omigie (1 point)
T14. Schyler Miles (1 point)