Sims, Smith and Cummings post top efforts against Oklahoma State
1. James Sims: Foiled many a blitz with strong blocking, caught three passes for 42 yards, including a 28-yard gain, and ran for 103 of his 138 yards in the second half, 30 coming on a fourth-quarter touchdown run.
2. Lubbock Smith: Had an interception that set up the offense. It’s not his fault the offense couldn’t turn the opportunity into points. Also hit the OSU quarterback on key third-down play after KU had pulled within 20-7.
3. Michael Cummings: When he replaced Dayne Crist and started scrambling, the entire team was energized. He completed 5 of 10 passes for 75 yards and hit tight end Jimmay Mundine for a 21-yard touchdown.
4. Bradley McDougald: The team’s best defender made his presence felt early with eight first-quarter tackles and finished with 12 tackles.
5. Tyler Patmon: Did a consistently good job in coverage and had two pass break-ups.
6. Kale Pick: Consistently got open again and was found four times for 74 yards in receptions.
7. Ben Heeney: Had nine tackles and had a hand in limiting OSU star running back Joseph Randle to 2.8 yards per carry.
8. Jimmay Mundine: Got open in the end zone for a 21-yard touchdown strike from Cummings.
9. Toben Opurum: In on seven tackles, including a couple that resulted in losses.
10. Jake Love: Would have ranked much higher but for missing a tackle that allowed Charlie Moore to race down the left sideline for a 72-yard touchdown reception. Had a quarterback hurry and 12 tackles, three for 11 yards in losses. Played inspired football filling in for Tunde Bakare, who had his bell rung in practice.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Tony Pierson (36 points)
2. James Sims (29 points)
3. Bradley McDougald (26 points)
4. Toben Opurum (23 points)
5. Ben Heeney (21 points)
T6. Taylor Cox (19 points)
T6. Duane Zlatnik (19 points)
8. Greg Brown (18 points)
9. Kale Pick (17 points)
10. Tyler Patmon (15 points)
11. Trevor Marrongelli (12 points)
12. Josh Williams (11 points)
T13. Tanner Hawkinson (10 points)
T13. Tunde Bakare (10 points)
T15. Andrew Turzilli (9 points)
T15. Lubbock Smith (9 points)
17. Michael Cummings (8 points)
T18. Christian Matthews (6 points)
T18. John Williams (6 points)
T20. Anthony McDonald (5 points)
T20. Jimmay Mundine (5 points)
T22. Ben Goodman (4 points)
T22. Jordan Tavai (4 points)
T22. Josh Ford (4 points)
T25. Chris Omigie (1 point)
T25. Schyler Miles (1 point)
T25. Kevin Young (1 point)
T25. Jake Love (1 point)