Thomas Robinson, Elijah Johnson step up during Tyshawn Taylor's absence
1. Thomas Robinson: Had 16 points and 13 rebounds, both game-high totals.
2. Elijah Johnson: Had three early turnovers but once he shook the cobwebs he had a good game at both ends. Made 6 of 8 field goals and 3 of 4 three-pointers and did a nice job of running the team in the second half while the regular point guard battled leg cramps. Played big role in Detroit’s perimeter players shooting poorly.
3. Jeff Withey: A defensive force with five blocked shots, Withey added seven points, nine rebounds and two assists, including a quick feed of Robinson early.
4. Tyshawn Taylor: Took one horrible shot, a guarded three from the top of the key, but for the most part played well at both ends, blowing by Ray McCallum on the way to the hoop and keeping McCallum from doing the same. Elevated high and protected the ball to score on drives against taller players helping out. Made 5 of 8 field goals.
5. Kevin Young: Has developed into an energetic presence off the bench. Produced nine points, three rebounds and two assists in 22 minutes, redeeming himself for an ill-advised shot in the first half.
6. Travis Releford: Needs to get more rebounds than three in 29 minutes. Scored five points and played solid defense.
7. Conner Teahan: All of his three-point shots looked pure, but only one of them stayed in. Hustled his way to three rebounds and a steal.
8. Naadir Tharpe: Looked more aggressive but couldn’t get any of his three shots, including a left-handed layup, to go down. Made a nice drive-and-dish that sent Young to the line.
9. Justin Wesley: Checked in during final minute.
10. Jordan Juenemann: Checked in during final minute.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Thomas Robinson (302 points)
2. Tyshawn Taylor (284 points)
3. Jeff Withey (253 points)
4. Elijah Johnson (235 points)
5. Travis Releford (220 points)
6. Conner Teahan (174 points)
7. Kevin Young (152 points)
8. Justin Wesley (115 points)
9. Naadir Tharpe (84 points)
10. Merv Lindsay (11 points)
11. Jordan Juenemann (9 points)