Thomas Robinson tops Keegans against Texas Tech
1. Thomas Robinson: Played just 19 minutes, which was long enough to bury a deep three-pointer, deliver a lob pass and produce 19 points and 12 rebounds.
2. Travis Releford: Scored 11 of his 12 points in the first half and always seemed to come up with a bucket when his team struggled to score.
3. Tyshawn Taylor: Had little trouble blowing by the Texas Tech guards but then made it tougher on himself by adding a few dipsy-doodle moves that increased the degree of difficulty on the shots and decreased the chances of getting two points. Scored 15 points and had five assists and four turnovers.
4. Kevin Young: The guy can rebound. Had seven points, seven boards, an assist and a blocked shot in 21 minutes.
5. Jeff Withey: Had seven points, three rebounds and two blocked shots.
6. Naadir Tharpe: Broke from his shooting slump in a big way, hitting all three three-point attempts. Also mixed in two assists and a turnover in seven minutes in an impressive performance.
7. Elijah Johnson: Is 10 for 39 on three-point shots in the past six games, a .256 accuracy rate. Might his left hand be too much a part of the shot, instead of just stabilizing the basketball?
8. Justin Wesley: Battled for two boards, blocked a shot, played strong defense and, of course, got whistled for three fouls in 13 minutes.
9. Conner Teahan: Drove right, got into the lane, and threw the worst pass of his career — with the possible exception of some he might have thrown when he tried out for the football team — to a defender to the left of him. Quickly atoned by hitting one of his two threes on the night.
10. Merv Lindsay: Picked up a bucket under the hoop.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Thomas Robinson (146 points)
2. Tyshawn Taylor (127 points)
3. Travis Releford (110 points)
4. Elijah Johnson (105 points)
5. Jeff Withey (104 points)
6. Conner Teahan (87 points)
7. Kevin Young (71 points)
8. Justin Wesley (65 points)
9. Naadir Tharpe (42 points)
10. Merv Lindsay (8 points)