Tyshawn Taylor dominates OT, tops ratings
1. Tyshawn Taylor: In the five-minute overtime alone, Taylor scored on a three-pointer, a sweet one-hander, a two-handed jam off a back-door cut and a pair of free throws with 8.3 seconds left. For the math-challenged, that’s nine points. Thankfully, the absurd questions about whether the ball should be in his hands with the game hanging in the balance can go away forever. Taylor had one turnover in 44 minutes, scored 24 points and had five assists and four rebounds.
2. Thomas Robinson: His blocked shot sent the game into overtime and he scored 18 of his 28 points after the first half and led the team with 12 rebounds.
3. Elijah Johnson: Hit a pair of three-pointers in 65 seconds to cut the deficit from 19 to 13, starting the comeback. He made several key, pinpoint passes after that. Finished the day with eight points and eight assists without a turnover, which meant KU’s starting backcourt combined for 13 assists and one turnover in 45 minutes.
4. Conner Teahan: Took four three-point shots and made four three-point shots for 12 gigantic points.
5. Kevin Young: Hustled his way to eight rebounds, four blocked shots, one vicious dunk and five points in 28 minutes.
6. Travis Releford: On a day he couldn’t shoot straight (1 for 7) he came up with a huge steal and played a big part in causing another turnover, both keeping the comeback rolling.
7. Jeff Withey: Sprained his ankle early in the game, picked up two quick fouls, and wasn’t effective against Missouri’s four-guard lineup. All those factors added up to two points in 10 minutes.
8. Justin Wesley: Made just 1 of 4 free throws and snagged an offensive rebound in six minutes.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Thomas Robinson (256 points)
2. Tyshawn Taylor (241 points)
3. Jeff Withey (215 points)
4. Travis Releford (195 points)
5. Elijah Johnson (194 points)
6. Conner Teahan (152 points)
7. Kevin Young (128 points)
8. Justin Wesley (99 points)
9. Naadir Tharpe (72 points)
10. Merv Lindsay (11 points)
11. Jordan Juenemann (3 points)