Elijah Johnson gives KU offensive spark against Texas A&M
1. Elijah Johnson: Scored 18 of his 21 points in the first half, made 7 of 11 field goals and 3 of 7 three-pointers, didn’t turn it over once and had two steals. Fell two points shy of the career high he set against UCLA.
2. Jeff Withey: Blocked four shots and altered a ton to go with 11 points and seven rebounds.
3. Tyshawn Taylor: Didn’t penetrate as well as usual and got into foul trouble that limited him to 30 minutes. Scored 10 of his 12 points in the second half.
4. Thomas Robinson: Unnecessary technical that came on a shove and was his fifth foul could have been costly had the game gone into overtime. Made just 3 of 10 shots, and finished with 10 points, 13 rebounds and four assists.
5. Travis Releford: Scrapped his way to seven rebounds and had four points and two assists.
6. Conner Teahan: Missed all six three-point attempts, but had his first blocked shot since November 2009 and set a career high with eight rebounds, three off the offensive glass.
7. Kevin Young: Hustled his way to four points, two boards and a blocked shot, but also took an ill-advised shot.
8. Justin Wesley: Played five minutes without fouling and picked up a rebound.
9. Naadir Tharpe: Threw a pass that missed the intended receiver by so much that if it had not been intercepted, he might have drawn a flag for intentional grounding.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Thomas Robinson (247 points)
2. Tyshawn Taylor (231 points)
3. Jeff Withey (211 points)
4. Travis Releford (190 points)
5. Elijah Johnson (186 points)
6. Conner Teahan (145 points)
7. Kevin Young (122 points)
8. Justin Wesley (96 points)
9. Naadir Tharpe (72 points)
10. Merv Lindsay (11 points)
11. Jordan Juenemann (3 points)