1. Jeff Withey: Showed he could not just hang but dominate in a physical game. Fell one block short of a triple-double with 18 points, 11 rebounds and nine blocks. In the three games since the scoreless Missouri night, Withey is averaging 20.3 points, 12 rebounds and 6.3 blocked shots. Defended his Big 12 player of the week honors the way he defends shooters near the hoop.
2. Tyshawn Taylor: Missed the front end of a one-and-one twice in the final minute and had a costly turnover, but, as he has a tendency of doing, took over the game during the decisive stretch. When KU went to a Triangle-and-Two defense and went on an 11-0 run, Taylor scored eight of those 11 and finished with a team-high 20 points, five rebounds, five assists and three turnovers. Look for Taylor to be a late addition to the Cousy Award list of finalists. Taylor continued his hot touch from three-point range, hitting three of six.
3. Thomas Robinson: Not his best night. Thanks to foul trouble, he played just 33 minutes. The highlight of his night: He made four of six free throws. Lowlight of his night: five turnovers. Finished with 10 points and nine rebounds.
4. Travis Releford: Did a nice job of chasing Rodney McGruder all over the place, forcing him into difficult shots. Managed to stay ahead of a defender on a runout for a nice, quick dunk. Finished with four points, six rebounds and a steal.
5. Elijah Johnson: Fouled out late, which left Tyshawn Taylor pretty much alone against K-State’s full-court pressure. Had a decent night defensively and on the boards (five rebounds), but had a rough night offensively, committing four turnovers to go with five points and five assists.
6. Naadir Tharpe: Played a minute and made a nice pass.
7. Conner Teahan: Played 18 of the bench’s 30 minutes and scored the only two bench points in the final seconds of the 30th minute of bench play.
8. Kevin Young: Somebody had to be eighth.
9. Justin Wesley: In a game in which K-State’s only chance of scoring was at the free throw line, Wesley committed three fouls in six minutes.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Thomas Robinson (232 points)
2. Tyshawn Taylor (218 points)
3. Jeff Withey (192 points)
4. Travis Releford (175 points)
5. Elijah Johnson (172 points)
6. Conner Teahan (134 points)
7. Kevin Young (111 points)
8. Justin Wesley (92 points)
9. Naadir Tharpe (68 points)
10. Merv Lindsay (11 points)