Confident Jeff Withey dominates Oklahoma State
1. Jeff Withey: Playing with all-time high confidence and energy coming off his 25-point Baylor game, Withey looked even better in the opening half vs. OSU, hustling his way to 11 points, 11 rebounds, an assist, a steal and three blocked shots. Finished with 18 points, a career-high 20 rebounds and seven blocked shots. Withey has scored in double figures in eight of the past nine games, the exception being his scoreless night in Mizzou Arena.
2. Thomas Robinson: Exposed Oklahoma State talent Le’Bryan Nash as the freshman that he is in the first half. Nash, provided he doesn’t jump too soon, will make it to the NBA, but Robinson schooled him in a way that showed that day is in the distance. Robinson, once passing up an open 10-footer to feed Withey for a dunk, finished with 24 points and 14 rebounds.
3. Elijah Johnson: In the first half, he caught fire from long distance and made terrific passes. Faded in the second half and finished with 11 points, four boards, five assists and two steals.
4. Tyshawn Taylor: Concentration lapsed in the second half after a terrific first half in which he and Johnson combined for 10 assists and one turnover.
5. Travis Releford: Contributed 10 points and four rebounds and made 5 of 6 shots from the field.
6. Kevin Young: Skilled passer who finds the open man quickly and gets rid of it in an instant is looking more confident. Contributed four points, three boards an assist and a steal in 13 minutes.
7. Naadir Tharpe: Played six minutes and had zeroes across the board. He didn’t turn it over and hung in there defensively.
8. Conner Teahan: Misfired on all three three-pointers on a scoreless day.
9. Justin Wesley: Played less than a minute.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Thomas Robinson (224 points)
2. Tyshawn Taylor (209 points)
3. Jeff Withey (182 points)
4. Travis Releford (168 points)
5. Elijah Johnson (166 points)
6. Conner Teahan (130 points)
7. Kevin Young (108 points)
8. Justin Wesley (90 points)
9. Naadir Tharpe (63 points)
10. Merv Lindsay (11 points)