1. Thomas Robinson: Withstood some hacks that didn’t draw whistles and didn’t lose his cool on his way to 20 points, 12 rebounds and two blocked shots.
2. Tyshawn Taylor: Got to the paint almost at will, collapsing the defense. Made all three three-point shots and totaled 16 points with three assists.
3. Travis Releford: Had a key put-back on a Robinson miss, dove to claim a loose ball, hit a pair of late free throws and made Georgetown’s Hollis Thompson work hard for his 14 points.
4. Elijah Johnson: Made what his coach called the play of the game when he took his man from the top of the key and drove to the hoop under control for a bucket late in the shot clock that KU up, 65-60, with 1:06 left. Made just 1 of 6 three-pointers.
5. Jeff Withey: Snagged six rebounds but fouled out in just 13 minutes.
6. Justin Wesley: Has the quickness that enables him to hang in there defensively against athletic opponents, but needs to do a better job of minimizing fouls (four in 13 minutes).
7. Naadir Tharpe: Scored a bucket on a “no, no, no, yes,” teardrop in the land of giants.
8. Conner Teahan: Had plenty of open looks but cashed in on just 1 of 5 three-point shots.
9. Kevin Young: Had a rebound and a steal in seven minutes.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Thomas Robinson (28 points)
2. Tyshawn Taylor (26 points)
3. Elijah Johnson (22 points)
4. Travis Releford (18 points)
5. Jeff Withey (17 points)
6. Kevin Young (14 points)
T7. Conner Teahan (13 points)
T7. Justin Wesley (13 points)
9. Naadir Tharpe (11 points)
10. Merv Lindsay (1 points)