Two seniors top ratings in final home game
1. Tyrel Reed: Hit a huge three-pointer to put Kansas up by eight with 7:40 left and in doing so became the team’s first player in double figures. Reed also opened the game with a three and made 3 of 5 threes on the night and scored 12 points with four steals.
2. Brady Morningstar: Followed Reed’s three with one of his own to push the lead to nine points, which is more like 15 against the offensively challenged Aggies. Hit 3 of 3 field goals, both three-pointers and scored nine points with four assists, four steals and not a single turnover.
3. Marcus Morris: Had 13 points, five boards, two assists and two blocked shots. Attacked patiently against a very good defensive front line.
4. Markieff Morris: Again had a similar statistical night as his brother, totaling 13 points, five rebounds, two assists and two blocked shots.
5. Elijah Johnson: Charged with three turnovers, but also came up with two steals on a night he played solid defense and did a nice job of keeping the ball moving. Had three assists. Played better than his stats and juiced the crowd throwing down a lob from Marcus Morris and blocking a shot shortly after that.
6. Tyshawn Taylor: Played well early and finished with nine points, three assists and a steal. Turned it over twice. Cheered hard for Johnson, showing there is no issue there, not that there is any reason to suspect there would be an issue.
7. Thomas Robinson: Couldn’t get anything to fall, but as always, he hit the boards hard, picking up five in 11 minutes.
8. Josh Selby: Scored six points in 12 minutes.
9. Mario Little: Misfired on all five shot attempts, including three three-pointers.
10. Royce Woolridge: Won the coin toss to get ranked 10th after less than a half-minute of action.
11. Jeff Withey: Lost the coin toss after less than half-minute of action.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Marcus Morris (247 points)
2. Markieff Morris (228 points)
3. Tyrel Reed (184 points)
4. Tyshawn Taylor (181 points)
5. Brady Morningstar (176 points)
6. Thomas Robinson (161 points)
7. Josh Selby (107 points)
8. Mario Little (100 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (99 points)
10. Travis Releford (98 points)
11. Jeff Withey (56 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (6 points)
The Keegan Ratings: Big 12 standings
1. Marcus Morris (130 points)
2. Markieff Morris (112 points)
3. Brady Morningstar (110 points)
4. Tyrel Reed (102 points)
5. Tyshawn Taylor (72 points)
6. Thomas Robinson (67 points)
7. Mario Little (66 points)
8. Josh Selby (60 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (49 points)
10. Travis Releford (27 points)
11. Jeff Withey (23 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (2 points)