Markieff takes top Keegan honor against Illinois
1. Markieff Morris: Dominated down low and had 24 points and 12 rebounds, including 14 and 7 in the second half.
2. Marcus Morris: Made amazing hang-in-the-air moves, a killer turn-around jumper and crashed the boards with purpose. Finished with 17 points and 12 rebounds.
3. Tyshawn Taylor: With the help of big men on the perimeter, he did a terrific job of containing Illinois point guard Demetri McCamey, limiting him to six points.
4. Brady Morningstar: Had another terrific passing night and hit a huge three from the top of the key in the second half. Had six assists, one turnover and one steal.
5. Thomas Robinson: Twins played so exceptionally well that it didn’t leave many minutes for Robinson. He made the most of those he got, picking up four points, three rebounds and a blocked shot in 11 minutes. Took an ill-advised jumper in the second half.
6. Elijah Johnson: Taylor got whistled for his second foul midway through the first half and Johnson played terrific defense on McCamey in Taylor’s absence.
7. Tyrel Reed: Couldn’t get his shot to drop. He made 1 of 7 shots, including 1 of 5 three-pointers. Played well defensively and didn’t turn it over in 32 minutes.
8. Josh Selby: Did not attempt a shot in 10 minutes, but made a few nice passes and was credited with two assists. Lost his man defensively and was burned for a three-point shot.
9. Mario Little: Had a put-back, but that didn’t keep him from getting the quick hook for getting abused defensively.
10. Travis Releford: Played one minute.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Marcus Morris (303 points)
2. Markieff Morris (272 points)
3. Tyshawn Taylor (225 points)
4. Tyrel Reed (221 points)
5. Brady Morningstar (215 points)
6. Thomas Robinson (199 points)
T7. Mario Little (124 points)
T7. Josh Selby (124 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (123 points)
10. Travis Releford (102 points)
11. Jeff Withey (57 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (6 points)
The Keegan Ratings: Big 12 and postseason standings
1. Marcus Morris (186 points)
2. Markieff Morris (156 points)
3. Brady Morningstar (149 points)
4. Tyrel Reed (139 points)
5. Tyshawn Taylor (116 points)
6. Thomas Robinson (105 points)
7. Mario Little (90 points)
8. Josh Selby (77 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (73 points)
10. Travis Releford (31 points)
11. Jeff Withey (24 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (2 points)