1. Thomas Robinson: Sent the crowd into a frenzy with a terrific second half, throwing down dunks, ripping down rebounds in traffic and playing physical defense. Two days after his mother’s funeral, Robinson contributed 17 points, nine rebounds and a great deal of inspiration. Only turnover came shortly after he checked in when he was called for a travel. Waved to the crowd to acknowledge a night full of ovations in his honor when he checked out of the game with 1:04 left.
2. Markieff Morris: Went to the floor for loose balls, made a beauty of a hook shot, and was one board shy of what would have been his Big 12-leading eighth double-double with 20 points and nine rebounds. As usual, his hands were perfect. Not so much as a bobble all night.
3. Tyshawn Taylor: His length made for a tough shooting day (8 for 22) for Jacob Pullen. Many of Pullen’s points were scored when Taylor wasn’t in the game.
4. Marcus Morris: Doesn’t need to take a lot of shots to be effective. Turned six field-goal attempts into 10 points and also had nine boards and two steals. As usual, his hands were perfect. Not so much as a bobble all night.
5. Brady Morningstar: Nobody makes the pass off the dribble to a cutter better than Morningstar. He would have been perfect in a Princeton offense. Was on the receiving end of a back-door cut bucket as well. Had four assists and one turnover.
6. Josh Selby: Made all three three-point shots and played solid defense on his way to a 12-point night marred only by five turnovers.
7. Mario Little: Made all three field-goal attempts and added a board and a steal.
8. Tyrel Reed: Rare off night shooting against Kansas State. Made just 1 of 6 shots, but had an assist, steal and three rebounds to go with two turnovers in 24 minutes.
9. Travis Releford: Returned to the court for the first time since suffering sprained ankle at Iowa State.
10. Elijah Johnson: Is nowhere near the perimeter defender that Taylor is when Taylor plays the sort of game he did against the Wildcats. Johnson’s shooting touch isn’t what it was earlier in the season.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Marcus Morris (169 points)
2. Markieff Morris (161 points)
3. Tyshawn Taylor (143 points)
4. Thomas Robinson (124 points)
5. Tyrel Reed (123 points)
6. Brady Morningstar (108 points)
7. Josh Selby (83 points)
8. Travis Releford (73 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (62 points)
10. Mario Little (58 points)
11. Jeff Withey (42 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (4 points)
The Keegan Ratings: Big 12 standings
1. Marcus Morris (52 points)
2. Markieff Morris (45 points
3. Brady Morningstar (42 points)
4. Tyrel Reed (41 points)
5. Josh Selby (36 points)
6. Tyshawn Taylor (34 points)
7. Thomas Robinson (30 points)
8. Mario Little (24 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (12 points)
10. Jeff Withey (9 points)
11. Travis Releford (2 points)