Marcus, Markieff battle for top spot
1. Markieff Morris: Played a flawless first half and finished with 19 points, nine rebounds, four assists, two blocked shots and two steals. Didn’t go to the free throw line, but needed just 10 field goal attempts to score his 19 points.
2. Marcus Morris: Made 10 of 14 field goals and scored 25 points, had five boards (four offensive), two assists and three steals.
3. Josh Selby: Had a terrific first half, hitting shots and disrupting Baylor’s ballhandlers. Finished with 12 points, three assists and three steals.
4. Tyrel Reed: What a senior year this guy is having. Didn’t turn it over once and has 35 assists and 12 turnovers, the best ratio on the team. Made 3 of 5 three-pointers, giving him a two-game total of 7 of 12. Scored 11 points, giving him four double-digit scoring efforts in the past five games.
5. Mario Little: Showing he’s a clever offensive player yet again, Little was lethal when catching the ball from the middle of the zone. He tallied 10 points in seven minutes.
6. Tyshawn Taylor: Had a couple of careless moments but for the most part played well defensively and kept the ball moving to the right places.
7. Brady Morningstar: Committed four fouls, including a couple of them late when keeping the clock moving was all Kansas needed. Scoreless again and has made 2 of his last 19 three-point attempts.
8. Thomas Robinson: Not his night, although the Ferrell Center floor still hurts from his dunk. Had four turnovers and might not be as ready to excel against zone defenses as Little.
9. Elijah Johnson: Still not moving his feet well on defense, he committed four fouls in nine minutes.
10. Jeff Withey: Played two minutes.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Marcus Morris (146 points)
2. Markieff Morris (141 points)
3. Tyshawn Taylor (123 points)
4. Thomas Robinson (108 points)
5. Tyrel Reed (103 points)
6. Brady Morningstar (84 points)
7. Travis Releford (71 points)
8. Josh Selby (65 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (57 points)
10. Mario Little (50 points)
11. Jeff Withey (34 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (4 points)
The Keegan Ratings: Big 12 standings
1. Marcus Morris (29 points)
2. Markieff Morris (25 points)
3. Tyrel Reed (21 points)
T4. Brady Morningstar (18 points)
T4. Josh Selby (18 points)
6. Mario Little (16 points)
T7. Thomas Robinson (14 points)
T7. Tyshawn Taylor (14 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (7 points)
10. Jeff Withey (1 point)