Well-rounded effort gives Tyshawn Taylor top honor
1. Tyshawn Taylor: Played strong defense on Diante Garrett, turning him into a complete non-factor by not letting him penetrate. Taylor also took his time shooting floaters and ran the offense in tidy fashion for an all-around productive day that included 14 points, six assists and just one turnover.
2. Markieff Morris: Had 14 points, 11 rebounds, six assists, two blocked shots and a steal. You have to love the way he routinely hits the deck for loose balls.
3. Marcus Morris: Solid contender for Big 12 Player of the Year honors played an efficient game and led the team in scoring (16 points) and rebounding (11). Made just 1 of 4 three-point shots and is in a 4-for-17 stretch. “I’m going to continue to shoot it because I think going down the road I’m going to need make threes,” Marcus said. Can’t argue with that approach.
4. Brady Morningstar: Continued his streak of hot shooting by making 3 of 4 three-point shots, fed the post with skill and finished with 13 points, four rebounds, three assists and two steals.
5. Tyrel Reed: Didn’t turn it over and had nine points, six boards, three steals and a blocked shot.
6. Jeff Withey: Plays his best games against Iowa State. In nine minutes, he had eight points and two blocked shots, but didn’t look too strong in trying to establish position down low and grabbed just two rebounds.
7. Mario LIttle: A little too eager to shoot, Little made 2 of 7 field goals, but did make all four free throws and came up with two steals to go with eight points.
8. Elijah Johnson: In 16 minutes he had five points, two assists and a turnover on a bounce-pass he badly telegraphed.
9. Travis Releford: Still not 100 percent from ankle sprain and it shows.
10. Royce Woolridge: Checked into the game late and grabbed a rebound. The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Marcus Morris (204 points)
2. Markieff Morris (193 points)
3. Tyshawn Taylor (165 points)
4. Thomas Robinson (146 points)
5. Tyrel Reed (142 points)
6. Brady Morningstar (139 points)
7. Josh Selby (89 points)
8. Travis Releford (86 points)
9. Mario Little (81 points)
10. Elijah Johnson (71 points)
11. Jeff Withey (48 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (5 points)
The Keegan Ratings: Big 12 standings
1. Marcus Morris (87 points)
2. Markieff Morris (77 points)
3. Brady Morningstar (73 points)
4. Tyrel Reed (60 points)
5. Tyshawn Taylor (56 points)
6. Thomas Robinson (52 points)
7. Mario Little (47 points)
8. Josh Selby (42 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (21 points)
T10. Travis Releford (15 points)
T10. Jeff Withey (15 points)
12. Royce Woolridge (1 point)