Marcus Morris shows NBA game in blowout over Ohio
1. Marcus Morris: Showed everything an NBA scout would like to see in a small forward: Quick feet at both ends, superior body control, unselfishness, strong finishing at the hoop, a soft three-point touch, excellent court vision and skilled passing. Totaled 26 points and eight rebounds.
2. Travis Releford: A trio of three-pointers in the first half and a one-handed slam on the break in the second half were the high points of a night that included 13 points, three rebounds and two assists.
3. Markieff Morris: Sure-handed post player averaging a double-double contributed another solid effort with 11 points, eight rebounds and three assists. He’s a great passer, especially when his brother is the receiver.
4. Tyshawn Taylor: Continues to look for shots for others first and is playing terrific defense. Had five points and six assists, but turned it over four times.
5. Jeff Withey: Had seven points, eight boards and four blocked shots. Shot-blocking gives Kansas a different look off the bench. Fought hard for five offensive rebounds.
6. Elijah Johnson: Grabbed an errant lob pass and slammed it home for the home crowd and played an all-around solid game in scoring eight points.
7. Brady Morningstar: You know you’ve got your swerve on when you throw a lob pass and it swishes through the hoop for three points.
8. Tyrel Reed: Other than missing three of four three-point shots, he played well, hitting the boards hard, scrapping on defense and setting up others for points.
9. Mario Little: Smooth step-back jumper from the left corner was the top play of a four-point, four-rebound night.
10. Thomas Robinson: Three points and four points were nullified by four personal fouls.
11. Royce Woolridge: Had two points and two assists at the end of the game.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Marcus Morris (44 points)
2. Markieff Morris (43 points)
3. Tyshawn Taylor (41 points)
4. Thomas Robinson (29 points)
5. Brady Morningstar (26 points)
6. Travis Releford (24 points)
7. Tyrel Reed (21 points)
8. Jeff Withey (17 points)
9. Mario Little (15 points)
10. Elijah Johnson (12 points)
11. Royce Woolridge (3 points)