Marcus' big second half propels him to top of ratings
1. Marcus Morris: He scored 16 of his 20 points in the first nine minutes of the second half. Didn’t miss a shot in six attempts after halftime. For the second time in three games, he didn’t have a defensive rebound.
2. Brady Morningstar: Helped to trigger the blowout with ultra-quick hands at the beginning of the second half. He’s such a subtly disruptive defender. Finished with seven points, 10 assists, one turnover and four steals. Made 1 of 2 three-point shots.
3. Markieff Morris: Scored nine of the team’s first 11 points on his way to a 13-point, eight-rebound effort in 17 minutes. Whistled for four fouls.
4. Tyshawn Taylor: Had nine points, six assists and one turnover and played terrific defense against Josh White, who dropped 32 in a victory against Texas Tech.
5. Thomas Robinson: The vastly improved free throw shooter swished both attempts and is making .727 of his freebies. He mixed in eight points, 10 rebounds, two steals and strong defense. He shoots too often and has a tendency to turn it over, but he’s getting there.
6. Tyrel Reed: Had seven points, two assists, no turnovers and three steals. His presence on the court creates space because he has such long range.
7. Elijah Johnson: Scored 11 points in his season debut and made 2 of 3 three-point shots.
8. Mario Little: Looked might crafty scoring down low and swished his only three-point attempt. Also showed impressive hops on a blocked shot.
9. Travis Releford: Contributed four points and a rebound in 18 minutes.
10. Jeff Withey: A review of game tape would show he had an offensive rebound and a defensive one, but the stat-keepers missed those, giving him credit for just one board on the night, when he had three. Had four points and two blocks in 11 minutes. Sometimes gets out of position on defense and on the boards.
11. Royce Woolridge: Played just four minutes. Isn’t likely to crack the rotation this season but shows promise as a playmaker.
The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Marcus Morris (28 points)
2. Markieff Morris (27 points)
3. Tyshawn Taylor (24 points)
4. Thomas Robinson (19 points)
5. Tyrel Reed (16 points)
6. Brady Morningstar (15 points)
T7. Jeff Withey (10 points)
T7. Travis Releford (10 points)
9. Mario Little (9 points)
10. Elijah Johnson (4 points)
11. Royce Woolridge (3 points)