Top Class of 2020 Kansas basketball target playing in Lawrence Saturday night

Dante N'Faly, a 6-foot-11, 225-pound center, from the Class of 2020, already has been offered scholarships by Kansas and Kentucky. (Photo by Darryl Woods/810 Varsity) by Darryl Woods/810 Varsity

Local basketball fans won’t have to go far for a first look at a possible Kansas star of the future.

N’Faly Dante, a 6-foot-11, 225-pound center from Mali ranked No. 4 by Rivals in the Class of 2020, is scheduled to play at 7:55 p.m. Saturday at the Lawrence Sports Pavilion at Rock Chalk Park.

Dante, who already has received scholarship offers from Kansas, Kentucky and countless others, plays for MoKan EYBL, which takes on the Colorado Hawks in the showcase game of the KC Classic. It will be the only game MoKan plays during the event.

"He can really move up and down the court and he's a great rim protector," said Matt Scott of The Shiver. "He's got a nice little jump shot, too. He can hit all the way out to 3. Once he learns more of a back-to-basket game he's going to be really special."

The AAU tournament, which features games on eight different courts, begins this evening and extends through Sunday afternoon.

Malik Hall, a 6-7, 210-pound forward, is Dante’s teammate at Sunrise Christian Academy in Wichita and with MoKan’s 17-and-under team. Hall, ranked No. 49 in the Class of 2019, also is being recruited by Kansas.

Prepare to be blown away by this video of Dante:

Comments

Craig Carson 7 months ago

would be pretty coo for KU to land some local top talent..the state of Kansas doesnt produce a lot of highly ranked players..feels like they should always keep those kids at home

Titus Canby 7 months ago

These highlights remind me of a 5' 7" point guard buddy of mine from high school who got caught on a switch and had to guard Ed Nealy in the paint "Had to foul him. Hard."

Marius Rowlanski 7 months ago

I wonder what his true height is without shoes. I always thought these measurements were completed with only minimum clothing but seeing Billy Preston shrink to 6'8 without shoes is eye opening.

I'm guessing 6'9.

Shannon Gustafson 7 months ago

Players are listed at their "playing height" which is with shoes since they play in shoes. This is how it's been forever (or at least for a long time). If you look at old NBA combine measurements you'll find almost everyone's "shoes" height is their listed height and it's 1-2" higher than their height without shoes.

Marius Rowlanski 6 months, 4 weeks ago

All right, I get it. I'm coming from a military perspectives where 5'9" means 5'9". I don't see the advantage of using playing height over actual height but if it makes everyone happy, I'm in.

Shannon Gustafson 7 months ago

When did they say the NBA had their next chance to change the one and done rule? Was it 2020 or 2021? Sure would be a shame if it's 2020.

Mallory Briggans 6 months, 4 weeks ago

I agree he going straight to the NBA .......and hes just a sophomore and he will only get bigger.It would be nice to see him in Lawrence

Lawrence McGlinn 6 months, 4 weeks ago

So, I guess it is the shoe companies that pay for all of these teams to come hundreds or thousands of miles to Lawrence? Adidas? I don't think bake sales are paying for this kind of an operation.