KU vs. VCU

Kansas fell to Virginia Commonwealth in an Elite Eight matchup Sunday, March 27, 2011 at the Alamodome in San Antonio.

Marcus Morris: "I let everybody down."

A double-double effort didn't ease the pain of KU's Marcus Morris, who feels he let everybody down in the 71-61 loss to VCU.

Comments

Dale Koch 9 years ago

We love you Marcus. And we are proud of you. Hold your head up, you didn't let anyone down. You gave us 35 wonderful games and though this one hurts you were awesome all year. The whole team was. We're proud of all of you. Rock Chalk!!!

DDDHawk 9 years ago

Marcus, you did not let us down. You have given it your all for three years, and we all can only hope that you come back for one more year. We appreciate everything you have done as a Jayhawk!

Bob Hechlor 9 years ago

Well, we all had another fantastic year. No one wins them all, but our team had a fabulous win streak. It takes a lot of skill to win so many games and in the tourney, you need a lot of luck as well. Thanks for a great year hoops men. We all had a blast watching you play.

langes0910 9 years ago

Tyrel I will say this millions of times, you are my boy!!

craigers 9 years ago

Great team and a great season. You all are great!!!

Lone_salina_kufan 9 years ago

Just have to say, Josh struggled mightly this year. Yet, I felt he always gave effort, and is clearly a very good teammate. I don't think that kid get enough credit for that.

HawksWin 9 years ago

Tyrel, we are glad you came to KU and played for us! We enjoyed watching you. You know, my memory is full of your beautiful 3s that you made over the four years. Wish you all the best!

HawkBBall 9 years ago

Marcus, you let noone down. You played your best. The shots were not falling today for all your mates. Take comfort in knowing that you did a great job this year! In your deliberations about your future, I hope you consider your education, as well as what one more year of college basketball will do to your NBA prospects. Whatever you decide, know that your efforts are appreciated.

CrodieBroyle 9 years ago

Maybe next time the entire Jayhawk nation won't assume we are in the final four before it happens. Maybe next time everyone will be aware that you have to play a game to get in. Everyone was looking ahead to Butler, signs were up to "Come get your Final Four shirt here after the buzzer". I was nervous as hell before the game, because I knew we had the better team and better coach, and we knew it, and sometimes overconfidence is your worst enemy. 22 your the best. Only word of advice for future Jayhawks: Humbleness > Cockiness