KU Sports Extra — Resolutions and Revelations

Tom and Matt are back for the first episode of 2015, and they have some good news and bad news for Kansas football. Plus, they look at KU basketball's week ahead.

Comments

Bill French 5 years ago

ENJOYED THE SHOW. VERY ENTERTAINING ! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK

Nigel Dunham 5 years ago

Great show guys.

Quick question: QB Hill has been granted a release from TA&M. Do you know if Coach Beaty had developed a good relationship with him and is there any chance he transfers to Kansas?

Aaron Paisley 5 years ago

No, Kenny Hill is not worth the baggage he brings with him. The kid is Johnny Manziel without the talent. They were drinking buddies in College Station and his drinking is why Hill was suspended and lost his job.

Dirk Medema 5 years ago

Nigel - I thought the same thing; posted on the ESPN link.

There is quite a bit of baggage. He was suspended not only (for the drinking incident with Manziel) last spring, but also during the season. He's obviously got some talent, but you have to wonder about what's upstairs, as well as the parental influence - parents file for copyright on "Trill" after the first game; 500+ yds. I think I'd be more interested in him as a player without the parents.

Beaty did comment a month ago about being interested in recruiting another QB. Wonder if he knew about Kenny being on his way out. That would mean the QB spot would be Cummings this year, and then a free for all next year with a at least a half dozen candidates.

Tom Keegan 5 years ago

His father, the former major-league pitcher, has said reports of his son already choosing TCU are inaccurate. He said once dead period ends -- Jan. 15, I believe -- he'll re-open recruitment. I would neither make KU the favorite nor count out KU yet.

Robert Brock 5 years ago

Hill announced that he was leaving A&M and going to transfer to TCU to be closer to home (Southlake). Why would he take it back and consider Kansas? Eh?

Dirk Medema 5 years ago

ESPN was commenting on TCU, but didn't indicate that Kenny had said anything.

It's all in the middle of the state. Is it really that much difference, or is he just that much of a momma's boy?

John Randall 5 years ago

Hill seems to be assuming that wherever he decides to go will welcome him and his baggage with open arms. That may be true at a few places, but I doubt if he has a clue which ones those would be, or if any of them are Div I.

Kirk Garrett 5 years ago

Good show! Friendly personalities set KU stuff apart. Entertaining and smart. Thumb's up

Michael Lorraine 5 years ago

That was depressing. If we beat South Dakota State I suppose we should storm the field and cart off the goalposts to Potter.

Dirk Medema 5 years ago

As for calling TO on that inbounds play, the reason Baylor didn't was because they learned from Chris Webber - they used their last TO before Greene shot his 2nd FT. KU used their last TO after the 2nd FT. No one had any left at the end of the game.

That is a good point though as to why it can be beneficial to save 1/have 1 left at the end of the game vs. can't take it with you on the bus after the game. It could save a crucial last possession.

Dirk Medema 5 years ago

Svi gets my vote for Jayhawk to shine. Surprised that neither of you picked him, though you did bring up the fact that his parents are visiting. I think they help him relax, puff his chest a bit, and then just go off. Maybe not 40, or 9 - 3's, but I could see him getting several, and even being high point man.

Michael Sillman 5 years ago

Tom and Matt,

I noticed that the number of verbal commitments on Rivals for the KU football team dropped by two players over the last couple of days.

Any insight into who left and how good they were?