Andrew Wiggins and Bill Self talk after camp scrimmage

Kansas freshman Andrew Wiggins and coach Bill Self talk after the camp scrimmage on June 19, 2013.

Comments

Geezer 6 years, 3 months ago

About the same as when I got to Oklahoma State. Love that guy.

Adam Collins 6 years, 3 months ago

Still amazed by Wiggins' humble attitude. Pure class just like Self.

hawk316 6 years, 3 months ago

Same here. Very impressive young man. Seems like he's really got his head screwed on right. The kind of attention he's receiving and probably will receive could torpedo someone who is less grounded.

FearlessJayhawk 6 years, 3 months ago

I love the chemistry that both Wiggins and Self seem to have. You can tell that Wiggins has had good upbringing with his family. I would love to see KU and Wichita State play each other for the NCAA championship. What a great story that would be? It would be a great game.

Greg Lux 6 years, 3 months ago

I don't now if andrew would love that, but then I guess he would love playing anyone for the national championship. My question is who beat UK? I want Roy to gettem in the elite 8 ....

Rock Chalk

Jay Waxse 6 years, 3 months ago

Are we back in the 70s? Andrew must have said 'love/loving' a dozen times. It's a good thing

RCJH<3 haha

johnsont1 6 years, 3 months ago

CoachSelf: the story of Wilt's first day in Lawrence was not a welcoming fanfare. On Wilt's first day in town, a restaurant denied him entrance because he was black. Coach Allen had to call them and explain who Wilt was before he was able to eat there. He was about ready to leave town before Coach Allen intervened. Of course the times have changed dramatically, but a lot of that changing was going on when Wilt was here.

barchawk 6 years, 3 months ago

How about Jason King's "fancy pinky" around 2:22? No shyness about being in the shot either...love it.

jaybate 6 years, 3 months ago

Wigs could become the greatest endorser of his generation, if his game were to live up to 3/4s of the hype.

For his sake, I wish his neck were shorter and his shoulders were higher, otherwise he is very polished for his age.

It will be interesting to see if Wigs does time in the toughening box.