Conner Frankamp says he made 400 of 410 shots on his best day

Kansas freshman Conner Frankamp says he made 400 of 410 shots on his best shooting workout day with his father, Marty. Frankamp talked to reporters on Monday, June 17, 2013. File video, shot by Nick Krug, is from a Frankamp shooting workout in September of 2012.

Related story

Comments

MimiHawk 1 year, 5 months ago

Wow! 400 out of 410, Sweet shooting Conner! Welcome to Kansas! RCJH

David Leathers 1 year, 5 months ago

Well we know he isn't going to shoot 97.6% on the floor, but like I said in another post, I would almost put money on him being the all-time Jayhawk leader in 3-pt Att., 3-pt made, 3-pt %, and maybe FT %.

GreenDoughnut 1 year, 5 months ago

A buddy of mine has been raving about this kid for two years now. Apparently he's been an avid KU fan his whole life, always wanted to play there, will stay four years no matter how good he is, and has his eyes set on Jeff Boschee's 3-pt made record.

1southernjayhawk 1 year, 5 months ago

omg, feel bad for him as he is going to have my hairline one day soon. On the other hand, he shoots a lot better than I ever did.

Jeff Kilgore 1 year, 5 months ago

Baldness will be cured in the next 10 years from what I've read.

Steve Jacob 1 year, 5 months ago

Worried he's getting too much attention early. At only six foot, he will be an undersized two guard, and not ready to play point until later. Tharpe and Connor on the floor together opens up the perimeter to any three point shooters with size. Just trying to dial down expectations, because with Andre Wiggins, nobody is getting the ball this upcoming season.

Jack Wilson 1 year, 5 months ago

So, we couldn't have Tharpe, Frankamp, Wiggins, Ellis, and Embiid on the floor together? I think we could. Your point is well taken, but for a five minute stretch here and there, it could work.

I wonder if Frankamp isn't ready to play point, will he play? Do we have room in the perimeter rotation if he can't play the point. Someone will have to back-up Tharpe.

Tharpe, Wiggins, Selden, and then either White or Greene. The 5th spot then has to be a ballhandler to back up Tharpe.

otaKU 1 year, 5 months ago

The truth of the matter is, you find ways to get shooters on the court. Coach Self will find a way to make it work so long as he doesn't become a defensive liability--and I am not referring to his height.

Jeff Kilgore 1 year, 5 months ago

With the talent this team has, I don't worry about anything!

Dirk Medema 1 year, 5 months ago

Gotta love his attitude. Yeah, it was a good shooting day, but we just moved on.

Personally, with the ability of Selden and Wiggins to penetrate and draw attention, I think this team is ripe for having them initiating the O and leaving someone like Conner to patrol the perimeter ready to snipe anytime the D sags to help.

fearthephog512 1 year, 5 months ago

"We just said it was a good shooting day, and moved on." — Frankamp is the real deal. Already sounding like a pro!

Greg Lux 1 year, 5 months ago

When I saw the 3 point shoot out at the NCAA Final Four I was amazed at the easy Conner made shot after shot. This young man is the Real Deal. Also I found out the other finalist in that shoot out was Brannen Greene. We will be unreal from outside which will open up the middle for our Bigs. I can't wait for fall to arrive. :))))))

Rock Chalk