KU summer scrimmage highlights: June 12

KU summer scrimmage highlights from June 12, 2013. New player numbers: Frank Mason 0; Wayne Selden 1; Brannen Greene 14; Joel Embiid 21; Conner Frankamp 23; Tarik Black 25.

Related story

Comments

Joe Joseph 10 months ago

But can they defend......

fearthephog512 10 months ago

A few observations:

1) Frankamp has a freakishly fast, and accurate pull-up 2) Greene has a very nice looking shot, and might be the tallest 2 I've seen 3) Tarik is a beast — that put back against Lucas reminded me of Graves or Jackson 4) Ellis had a few nice dishes and appears to have better ball control 5) Tharpe is bigger and faster 6) Selden made those alley oops look easy 7) Mason's and-one has a Sherron-like take written all over it! 8) Game seems a little fast to Embiid 9) Those campers looked like they had a blast! 10) Who didn't make a three?

KanFan27 10 months ago

Is the 1 next to Selden supposed to be something else? I thought I saw him get at least three dunks and what looked like a three.

MarineHawk 10 months ago

I agree with both of your comments bigdog. When I watched the video, I was thinking who is that #25 shooting over and dunking on everyone? I had to pause and check.

Jack Joiner 10 months ago

Black appears to be big, strong and can attack the basket. He will be tough to handle in the middle.

Jack Joiner 10 months ago

Embiid is supposed to be a defensive stopper which is where the cameras were focuced. It appears to me he is a year or two away.

Justin Millsap 10 months, 1 week ago

Lots of very positive stuff there on the shooting ability of our perimiter players. Tarik can finish and showed at least one nifty pass to Jamari. Embiid looked tired and/or lost and I did not see him on the positive side of any footage. The blue squad definitely took the reds to school.

Sandeep Kalburgie 10 months, 1 week ago

What's up with our 2014 recruiting? It looks like we are lagging behind other schools. Oh well, in Self I trust!

Ralster Jayhawk 10 months, 1 week ago

Hmm. WWHEMS? (what-would-HEM-say?): I think I saw that Jamari Traylor kid hit a 3 point shot (00:46sec mark)..., not to mention a nice interior assist from TBlack for a Jamari-Jam (JamJam)...I just dont know...other than I heard the kid's been working his butt off. Saw tweet pix from Hudy about him power lifting in the weight room yest. TheJamJamWatch...(Jam2 or Jamari v2.0, for season 2). Yet another Selfsuccessstory in-da-making. Tell your friends & family. JTrain boarding now...

jakejayhawk 10 months, 1 week ago

Will another format be offered or is this forbidden for Apple users?

master16 10 months, 1 week ago

wow sherron gained some weight!

our team is looking good, and wiggins isn't even here yet!

Jason Keller 10 months, 1 week ago

Wow, awesome footage! What a wonderful sneak peak of what's in store in later this year.

David Leathers 10 months, 1 week ago

Best shooting team in America? Conner, Brannen, Wayne, Perry... Who can't shoot? That's the question.