2012 Photos of the Year - Nick Krug

Staff photographer Nick Krug talks about some of his favorite images from 2012.

Comments

justinryman 1 year, 10 months ago

Nick as a parent of 3, "poop and pee" won't be all that bad when she comes home from school She will learn a lot worse.

Great photos, and thanks for sharing some insight behind them.

Thomas Michaud 1 year, 10 months ago

Yep, great work as usual. I've come to appreciate your work outside of sports and you had some powerful stories to cover this year. Being up in Michigan now, and not getting to hear much about Kansas news, I went to go look for the story on Aaron Polson simply based upon your photos. Wow, what a story -- you're images really captured and helped to tell this story!!

hawk316 1 year, 10 months ago

That was really a nice piece, Nick. Thanks for sharing. Many great shots, but I have to say, I have loved the photo of TRob's dunk from the first moment I laid eyes on it.

Keep up the great work!

Jayhawk444 1 year, 10 months ago

Nick - I always enjoy looking at your photos. Thanks for sharing your work with us and adding your own commentary. Very cool.

Paul Decelles 1 year, 10 months ago

Great photos and commentary! Thanks Nick.

DDDHawk 1 year, 10 months ago

Thanks for all of the great photographs you provide us every year, Nick. We appreciate it!

maxjay 1 year, 10 months ago

Outstanding!! What camera and lens do you use Nick?

maxjay 1 year, 10 months ago

Also, do you post process images on Photoshop, Lightroom or Aperture? Or something else all together?

Nick Krug 1 year, 10 months ago

Hey Maxjay. First off, thanks. Secondly, I primarily shoot with Canon 5D cameras. Every situation calls for a different approach which dictates what lens I'll use, but I guess if I were to say I used one more often than any other it would be the Canon 70-200 (2.8) zoom. Best-Nick

Jack Jones 1 year, 10 months ago

Nick, Thanks for all of your great photographs, and especially for this particular video piece. You may well have previously shared your work in this manner, but if not, I would hope to see more in the future. I've always felt that photographers, as well as those of us who occasionally take some pictures, have a unique profession in that each picture captures a moment of history that is 'frozen' forever - to be revisited over and over.

Well Done.

Eric Sorrentino 1 year, 10 months ago

Outstanding stuff, Nick. My favorite photo from your compilation was the Self shot after KU beat Mizzou for the last time at Allen. Self seemed more animated than ever after the victory, and your photo did an awesome job of capturing that emotion. Really liked this!

Dan Spurgin 1 year, 9 months ago

Wonderful! Thank-you for this moving little mint, Nick.

Rock Chalk 1 year, 9 months ago

Fabulous. All of them. Too many favorites to pick only one.

monkeehawkSL8 1 year, 9 months ago

I was, have been blessed by your work. Thank you. I am an artist, musician, I have always been uncomfortable showing my work. Your voice through the images was a more than welcome addition. The reason I say this is that rarely in my life have I heard someone talk about their work (art,music etc) that it actually made any sense. I will continue to follow you in the future. Again, thank you & God bless you and your family. monk