Thomas Robinson, Elijah Johnson and other Jayhawks cut down nets

Thomas Robinson, Elijah Johnson and other Jayhawks cut down the nets following Kansas' 80-67 victory over North Carolina on March 25, 2012.

Related story

Comments

ajhk 7 years, 10 months ago

Ha! They said, "Putchyo shoe on" to Elijah. I remember seeing that video.

Hells yes! Good going boys! We're all so proud! This has got to be one of the sweetest FF appearances ever.

jayhawker_97 7 years, 10 months ago

errr.. i think that's a bit of an insult. they're not The Survivors. they're The Warriors, The Fighters, The Champs.

Jayhawk_4_Life 7 years, 10 months ago

absolutely, they are no survivors, they are Champions.

iluvdbskxjayhawks 7 years, 10 months ago

thank u for sharing the video of them cutting down the net! I'm so proud of our boys!

bbeckum 7 years, 10 months ago

Can you please post video of Self's net-cutting?

Kevin John 7 years, 10 months ago

What is Bill Self's Cash Bonus for reaching the Final Four? Anybody know? I can't remember.

Joe Baker 7 years, 10 months ago

Among the 33 coaches whose pay USA TODAY has tracked the last two seasons, the average pay was up 11% to $1.7 million, not including bonuses averaging up to $390,000. - 2011

Self will get between 200-250k give or take. -LOL

Win or lose, the coaches in the NCAA Division I men's basketball tournament will make $1.4 million on average this season, according to a USA TODAY analysis of contracts and other compensation documents. - By Jodi Upton, USA TODAYUpdated 5/19/2011

Joe Baker 7 years, 10 months ago

Even more interesting-

But less visible will be the bonuses the four can get for making sure the athletes meet academic goals, including graduation. Only Kentucky's John Calipari has that kind of bonus: up to $100,000 if 75% of his players graduate. Calipari's academic bonus is among the highest in Division I men's basketball.

I find this interesting. Why in the hell would you give your coach 100k if 75% of your players grad? Hmm...what does this say about uk athletics? He will never get that bonus with his OAD mentality. He gets more for going to the tourney. I will take OADs and go deep, get my tourney money. He'll never grad any of his players except the academic bench warmers that increases his team's GPA. This means Cal has to pay some of the chest club memebers to keep his team's GPA standard at the minimum. In fact, I thought a few of the players were playing a game of chest, on the end of the bench, by the water cooler, during the Baylor game. -LOL

jayhawkintexas 7 years, 10 months ago

Don't you mean "chess" instead of "chest"?

KGphoto 7 years, 10 months ago

Was it really necessary for Jeff to use the ladder?