Toben Opurum on OSU loss: 'It's embarrassing'

Kansas outside linebacker Toben Opurum talks to reporters following the Jayhawks' 70-28 loss to Oklahoma State on Oct. 8, 2011.

Related story

Comments

Kevin Randell 8 years, 3 months ago

These kids are just doing what they are told and what they are coached. I mean, when you play zone with a 10+ yard cushion with your DB's, you might as well be playing flag or tag football. These kids better start improving or they will be playing their coach out of a job.

usafJayhawk 8 years, 3 months ago

Indeed, indeed. Nobody in D-1 is this band on their own. They're being coached to perform at this level. #FireVicShealy

Dillon Davis 8 years, 3 months ago

I feel bad for the kid. He stuck around even though he's playing a position he doesn't want to be playing and now look where it's gotten him. We have hurt this kid's chances at making it to the pros.

big_john 8 years, 3 months ago

So many coaches ruin good talent by putting them out of position. What was it that Toben accomplished i believe two years ago as a running back. est 800 yds before getting hurt in half a season. Will any of our present back come close to that. Makes me wonder what Pick might have got done if he was given more than one game. Not everyone can be a Terry Meyers at both positions. Food fo thought.

johnnyhrdwd 8 years, 3 months ago

Let's go ahead and interview Venables when ou is in town this weekend. I'm sure Sheahon and him are on first name basis from their time at kstate. Gill is gonna have us upside down financially whether we fire him or not.

Kirk 8 years, 3 months ago

I agree about Venables, but why would another OU/KSU star coordinator want to get screwed over by KU?

Kevin Randell 8 years, 3 months ago

Besides it being a violation of rules...lol, do you think that Bobby Stoops is going to let another coordinator come to KU considering what we did to his last coach he let come here?

Lloyd Kinnison 8 years, 3 months ago

Once again KU coaching staff, not the players should be held responsible. How long before the athletic director will act? The Jayhawks play as they are coached! Two new records for most points scored against the Jayhawks. A reflection: when Nebraska and Oklahoma won national championships, the Kansas teams did permit this many points to be scored.

UmbertoConforti 8 years, 3 months ago

I have been trying to remember if I have ever seen such bad coaching. KU has had some real losers running the program, but I think this must be the worst. What a miserable defense. The offense isn't all that much either. To be better than the defense doesn't say much. I really have never seen a BCS team look so bad relative to similar level competition. There are probably examples, but I don't know any. I feel sorry for the players, but they really are overmatched. Their ability might not be so much less than their opponents, but the performances certainly are.

Dillon Davis 8 years, 3 months ago

A little more than Half of our four star recruits are on defense right now. 4 on D, 3 on O. The problem is 3 of those 4 on D came here to play offense. That could be a contributing factor to our suckiness. It's pretty bad when 3 of your best players on defense were offensive players a year ago.