Marcus Morris: "I let everybody down."

A double-double effort didn't ease the pain of KU's Marcus Morris, who feels he let everybody down in the 71-61 loss to VCU.

Comments

archercc 3 years ago

Anyone how watched that game knows it wasnt our bigs that couldnt get over the hump, it was our guard play and free throws. They got the same open 3s they were draining all season and couldn't buy a bucket. We also left so many points at the line it was ridiculous, even worse than the rest of the season. The worst part of that is it was our guards doing it too, they are supposed to be the shooters.

Would love to see The Morrii, TRob and Selby come back. I think time is all Josh needs to get his feet under him and hopefully we can get a good pure point in there with Royce to run the half court, I think with those pieces the team would be more complete with the starters on the floor.

HawksWin 3 years ago

Dear Marcus, You did not let me down. You made this cold long winter fun and exciting. Thank you for the memory! What a season it was! It was a pure joy watching you play and grow right before eyes. I know you feel bad right now, but know that time heals all wounds. Giving your best is all we ask, and you did that. Hold your head up. You and Kieff have awesome smile, so don't forget to put that beautiful smile back on. God bless.

brad53 3 years ago

I believe he and his brother are gone, but reguardless he had a great season I mean adding to a 7th straight Big 12 title and conference tournament championship, it was still a successful season. I would really like too see both of them come back, just imagine. PG- Tyshawn Taylor SG- Josh Selby SF- Marcus Morris PF-Thomas Robinson C- Markieff Morris

Brady Swenson 3 years ago

Bravo Marcus, you've become a fine ball player and a fine young man here at Kansas. Hope to be able to watch you fulfill your destiny as a National Champion and NCAA Tournament MOP but best of luck to you in the league should you decide to take your game there next season.

LeBo 3 years ago

You did yo thang bruh! We three teams the Bobcats, Jazz, and the Suns with two first round picks your and your twins have the best chance at going to the same NBA team. Next year will be the same thang with Conner Teahan letting the whole team down.

fansincewilt 3 years ago

Marcus had an amazing season. The problem is that everyone's season ends with a loss except one team and that team was us this year. At least we have had some of those seasons. That is why these losers come on here with their stupid comments. Marcus has nothing to be ashamed about. This was a great year. One game does not define a year. Only one team can get red hot for six games and that team wasn't us and it probably is not going to be VCU. You have to be good just to get to this point and then you have to be hot to keep going. I well remember '88. We had a very lack luster season and then got hot and lucky for six games. I thought we were getting lucky again this season but we really had an off game yesterday. That happens and there is nothing anyone can do about it. It is not the twins, the coach, the guards or anyone else. It just happens and you just can't get it turned around. There is more to the game than anyone has figured out. You just have to take the bad with the good. It is part of the game.

tunahelper 3 years ago

Bucknell

Bradley

Northern Iowa

Virginia Commonwealth

I love it!

Eric Dawson 3 years ago

Marcus, I've been around almost 60 years, and let me tell you, son, in all my time the only Kansas player I have ever seen do more for his team was D. Manning. I know you feel as if you should have done more, but there are 4 other guys out there with you, and they all need to contribute to make the team successful. For some reason the gods of basketball decided KU shots were not going to fall today, and you guys -- and we as your fans -- lost at the worst time of year to lose. But I'm here to tell you that you did great, Marcus, and that's the truth!

I selfishly hope that you and Markieff decide to play together for one more year so I can see you both take the Jayhawk Nation on another power ride in 2011-12. But if there is no owners' lockout and the NBA holds the 2011 draft as scheduled, I and almost the entire Jayhawk Nation will understand if you and Kieff decide to go.

Needless to say, I am hoping for that lockout, because I want you and Kieff back! What can I say, I'm a selfish man.

taiwantea 3 years ago

Keep your head up Marcus! You had an amazing year this year! Nothing to be ashamed of at all. Think of all those players that never made it to where you are at. You are a Samurai of basketball...

Dan Harris 3 years ago

While today was a gut wrenching disappointment for Jayhawks fans everywhere, it will be unbearable watching the cheater Calapari win a title with his $$$$ team!

Dan Harris 3 years ago

Marcus, you made all of true Jayhawk fans proud this year with your play on the court and FOE off the court. We would love to see you and Markief come back for another run at the championship and while we know it's a long shot, so was VCU beating you guys today. Maybe miracles will bring you two back for us next year?

mispay4ku 3 years ago

That's just silly talk, no need to feel that way at all! Enjoyed watching you guys this season---AMAZING team. I didn't cry over the loss today, disappointed...sure...but I will cry if you and your fabulous twin leave KU this year, so save a gal some tears, will ya?! Besides...there is nothing more that I want to do than to hear your senior speeches at AFH next season. ROCK CHALK! F.O.E.

ahpersecoachingexperience 3 years ago

F.O.E.

go make that money and take care of momma

RockCaCO3 3 years ago

Marcus, You guys had an incredible year. You didnt let anyone down. Keep your head up.

Rock Chalk.

Ben Kane 3 years ago

Marcus,

I'm hurting too, though nowhere as bad as you I'm sure. But in NO way do i feel you let us down. it's been a joy to watch you and your brother at work this season and I want to thank you for a great season. We all wish it wouldn't have ended today, but, sometimes, that's life.

chalmers08 3 years ago

There is now way you let anyone down Marcus!!! You have been our heart and soul all year!!! How far you have come over the last three years makes everyone in Jayhawk Nation proud. Thank you for giving your all for KU and its fans.

VCUFTW 3 years ago

You let the whole team down.

ResQd 3 years ago

I totally agree with the consensus here; nobody let anybody down. We played long and hard ball all season, and that's what matters. My household, as always, followed the boys all season and what a great year we had. Keep your heads up, you'll always be number 1 in my books!

KEITHMILES05 3 years ago

Can barely hear/understand anything he said. However, he did say several times "I let everybody down."

The emotions these guys are feeling are incredible.

For Marcus: you had a tremendous year and didn't let ME down. Don't feel that way for the fans. Hold your head up high and go forward.

Mark Lindrud 3 years ago

He says he let us down? He should come back and then he won't be letting us down lol.

Number_1_Grandma 3 years ago

Marcus, you were the one carrying us all year. You carried us through this tournament too. Others just had an off game, including coaches. But you have been a joy to watch. I'd ask you to stay another year but you surely will receive the kind of money offer to head to the NBA; that will be hard to turn down. It's your dream to be in the NBA and making all that money to play. I wouldn't dare ask you to turn this down. You deserve it and we wish you the best in the pros!

Phoghat 3 years ago

Proving we are once again an Elite team is not my definition of letting anyone down. You all rocked all season! Marcus - thanks for a great year and all the dedication in making it happen. M &M - Please consider returning to the Phog next year. . . There are more banners to hang! Rock Chalk!

GabrielMichael 3 years ago

We are proud of you Marcus! We are all hurting too... keep your chin up you've got nothing to be ashamed of.

jayhawkarmy 3 years ago

I think with tears and saying he let everyone down (even tho he didn't) the twins and T-Rob will be back next year to defend there Big 12 status and bring home what they deserve the national title, I know we say it every time THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR well we arn't the only team saying it DUKE, UNC, OHIO ST. they too lost before we did so we have something to build on so yes next year we will be the champs with all the players and the freshman coming in,

horseyhannah101 3 years ago

Marcus you didn't let anyone down you played a great season, and so did the whole team. You played a great game on a whole, and it was off game. It sucks that it was in the tournament, but it's one game unfortunately it ended the season but oh well there's next year.

horseyhannah101 3 years ago

SaulGood 3 years ago

Great day for Marcus in the stats, and it's no single player's fault that it didn't translate into a Final Four berth. Whatever comes, there's no shortage of people who believe in every single kid on this team to continue to accomplish greatness, and I'm proud to be one of 'em.

rockchalk4442 3 years ago

"Did you try your best today?" What a joke of a question.

woowoowoo01 3 years ago

Marcus made this season amazing! Keep your head up Jayhawks. People can say what they want, its just a matter of time before we're back on top. Rock chalk!

cragarhawk 3 years ago

You let nobody down Marcus, you fought hard and did everything you could do. Keep your head up and be proud of that!!