Bill Self locker-room interview

"I was very pleased with our bench," said KU coach Bill Self referring to a 12 point and 14 rebound performance by Thomas Robinson and 9 points off the bench for Josh Selby.

Comments

LAJayhawk 9 years, 8 months ago

Interesting response to the "tunnel incident."

mandomax 9 years, 8 months ago

no doubt, you could tell HCBS was dreading hearing that question come up...

Dirk Medema 9 years, 8 months ago

Brady had a good comment - That you don't want to going looking for an incident each game, but you want to have the focus that led to the incident. The focus and intensity is what is important regardless of whether there are any obstacles on the way to the court or not.

redlegger 9 years, 8 months ago

From what could be seen in the video that was shown of the "incident," - HCBS as always has it right - "...two teams coming out at the same time...got way too much play..."

Pretty funny how HCBS flashed a look back at Craig Sager when he brought it up during the halftime interview.

Love this Team!

FOE

OceanStateJayhawk 9 years, 8 months ago

They are obviously going to ask about it. That's their job. However, I still think that Self handles the media with such class and tact. He always gives the other team a lot of credit, disarms reporters when they toss him a sticky question, and is always quick with a politically correct/vanilla response.

Granted, I'd love to hear him really speak his mind, but as long as he gets wins, he could never do a press conference again and I wouldnt care.

Beth Ennis 9 years, 8 months ago

I love Bill Self! I agree, he has so much class! I don't want our guys to have a reputation of being thugs, I don't like that at all. However, I would have to see it again (I'll have to go to youtube, sure it's there) but it didn't look intentional and it looked to me like it was all Richmond that was getting in our faces first. To be fair, it should have never happened as both teams shouldn't be coming out of the same tunnel, and if they have to, there should have been some escorts or security guards that made sure the first team was out of the tunnel before KU was allowed in to it. It just never should have happened and Bill was very smart to hold his team back from going into the tunnel at half time until Richmond went through. Like everyone says, lots of class for our HC