The Morris twins are in agreement on which NBA team they'd like to play for

Marcus and Markieff Morris are in agreement on which NBA team they'd like to play for. The two spoke to reporters on April 11, 2011, after the KU men's basketball banquet.

Related story

Comments

Nikki May 8 years, 10 months ago

I really love these guys! F.O.E. totally.

MrWalleye2U 8 years, 10 months ago

I liked they they played when they wanted to. But it always comes down to the same thing, MONEY! I would have liked to see them finish all four years at KU. I'm not going to throw them under the bus, b/c i didn't have the talent of either one. I would probably do the same thing if i was in their shoes. I hope you both have a successful career in the pro's and their dreams of playing on the same NBA team comes true. JFL!

Ben Simonett 8 years, 10 months ago

you know how they could have guranteed they played on the same team next year? stay in school

fansincewilt 8 years, 10 months ago

Maybe the Kings would draft them and come to KS City.

Ben Kliewer 8 years, 10 months ago

Actually, word in LA is that the Kings are going to move to Anaheim and change their name back to the Royals...which is what they were before going to KC. Anyway, I love the twins, I really do. Special place in my heart. But they are really living in a dream world if they think that any NBA team is going to pick both of them. The chances of both of them going to the same team are pretty much nothing, unless some team owner sees their situation and has some family sympathy and really wants to put them on the same team...but from a strictly skills standpoint, I'll be surprised if Markieff even goes int he draft. I suppose they could get on the same team that way, if Kieff doesn't go and then works out a free agency deal with the same team. Of course, props to them for putting the message out there loud and clear that they want to be on the same team. Maybe somebody will try to make it happen for them, but I'd really say the chances are unlikely...also, there may be no NBA season next year...

Dale Kroening 8 years, 10 months ago

Are u crazy ? Look at any and all mock drafts and Kief is a LOCK for the 1st round. Where have u been or what have u been smoking ? Not get drafted ? Are u serious ??????? Sorry, but if you actually think Kief doesnt get drafted you are CRAZY.................

khekhen 8 years, 10 months ago

mock drafts are not written in stone. theres a lot of talent from overseas this year that can creep into the first round to push some of our boys out.

darrell arthur was projected as a top 10 pick a few years ago and was the LAST guy in the green room to get his name called...last pick of the 1st round. it happens.

John Randall 8 years, 10 months ago

In fact, a few of the mock drafts show Mk going earlier than Mc. Depending on the situation/needs of the next team at the podium, either of them may be chosen – and be a solid choice.

Some team could even decide to trade next year's (or last year's) top pick for the chance to get both of them. Otherwise, at least 3 years (current rules) before they can choose their own team by putting Family Over Money.

John Myers 8 years, 10 months ago

My biggest concern for the twins is what the impact will be on each of them once they are apart. I know they've got the brains and skills to do amazingly well, but the psychological impact will be hard to deny. I wish them both the absolute best success!

LJ Gee 8 years, 10 months ago

The Rockets have two first round picks - 14 and 23 - and are in need of size and talent. They should draft the twins. Just a little bit of wishful thinking but you never know. Id be stoked about it.

John Randall 8 years, 10 months ago

I don't see much chance that they will not go within nine picks of each other. Not only that, #14 may not be early enough.

KEITHMILES05 8 years, 10 months ago

NBA in KC? Not gonna happen and they need to stop thinking that and ALSO they must be prepared to be apart. I understand and appreciate their closeness and desire to stay that way but in life it ain't gonna happen the way they desire. Only if they opened a business together can they stay that close. I am sure they will make it work whatever does happen. These two guys are studs and have matured tremendously and have represented themselves and KU on a high level. Total love for them.

mispay4ku 8 years, 10 months ago

Although it is a slim chance, I'd love to see them go to the same team. Someone needs to get the message out that there is just something special about having talented twins on team! :)

Kendall Simmons 8 years, 10 months ago

And exactly what is that "just something special" about having talented twins on a team?

(Never mind that I'd much prefer having Brook over Robin Lopez on my team :-)

mispay4ku 8 years, 10 months ago

Thanks for the "a" that I left out. :) I'm an only child, so I enjoyed watching their twin bond. The fact that they are very talented was a bonus! I will miss them and wish them loads of luck in the NBA.

Martin Shupert 8 years, 9 months ago

The problem is, their games are too similar and the NBA is about roles... the big man, the shooting guard, the penetrator, the power forward, the swingman, etc. No team is going to pick both of them, even if it could, because they can't play two players with similar roles on the floor at the same time.