What is the most surprising thing about Turner Gill?

We asked Kansas football players if they have found anything surprising about head coach Turner Gill.

Comments

KGphoto 8 years ago

Cool!! Love seeing the faces and brief insights.

Can we do the rest of the team?

hailtoku 8 years ago

Uggghhh "players coach".

Nick Saban, Mack Brown, Steve Spurior, Les Miles, Bob Stoops... are not a "players coach"

John Randall 8 years ago

Were I to guess, it would be that your personal experience with the coaches you mention would total perhaps one autograph on a game program.

Were I to suppose further, you probably know the difference between plural and possessive adjectives even though you choose not differentiate.

Could it be that the coach of the players (player's coach) is what you are denying that these men are? If so, what makes you so certain that they don't coach the players on their respective teams?

fivewords 8 years ago

someone think's they're really smart

yovoy 8 years ago

Nah, someone knows how to properly use the language they were taught. Reading and writing proficiently doesn't mean one thinks that they are smart. It just shows that they can do what many others cannot.

I will say that all the "player's coach" talk is NOT "refreshing". It alarms me a little bit. Lots of other coaches that have been tagged as such haven't done very well. I'll wait and see if the players respond to his approach. I certainly think they will. I watched them against UTEP last year and I remember his demeanor when his team couldn't do anything right. He was calm, and the calm seemed to come over his team, and they started executing right after they calmed down. I remember thinking that his demeanor would be nice on our sideline. A few months later I get the chance to see if it will work or not. I imagine that Coach sees a great deal, and knows how to correct problems that the sees. I just have that feeling about him.

gardenjay 8 years ago

They were all generally saying the same thing, like they haven't gone to war with their leader yet, or they could all hear each others' interviews, or the conspiracy theory:

that they were all told beforehand what the question would be, then they got the official answer from Lew Perkins who landed in a black helicopter on the 50-yard line, just prior to the interview, chop-chop-chop-chop...."I see everyone is now on point....if anyone gets wind of this, blame Obama", "Yes SIR!", he leaves....chop-chop-chop...

Glad the season is finally here, it's hard making stuff up.