Turner Gill postgame press conference

Turner Gill addresses the media after the Jayhawks were humbled by the Wildcats, 59-7.

Comments

2005grad 9 years, 4 months ago

.... Does that excuse the level of performance played in every aspect of the game?

KU_FanSince75 9 years, 4 months ago

Notice Gill coughed toward the end of the Post-game interview. It was a cough of disgust, knowing that if this happens against Mizzou. . . . . . . I will let Jayhawk Nation finish my sentence!

jayhawkintx73 9 years, 4 months ago

Execute? You had 12 days to prepare for the game. Time to pack your bags Gill. You're the problem here.

2005grad 9 years, 4 months ago

The problem with firing a coach 6 games into the season with a 2-4 record is... Who are you going to hire?!? NOBODY worth his salt is going to take that job. I hate Gill too. But KU made a huge mistake firing Mangino because of "his actions". (When really it was just because of his 7 game losing streak) My point is when the university cuts off support and fire 2 coaches in less than 2 years (hypothetically), who is going to take that job? Another Gill?

rockchalkchampionship 9 years, 4 months ago

Just wait until the end of the season to fire him. Sitting through that game last night (well, 2/3 of the game--I left early because I think I showed up with more desire and motivation than the actual players) was brutal but you can't realistically fire a coach after 6 games. He came in as a loser (20-30 career record, I think?) and he's going to leave a loser. I just hope that we continue to get thrashed so that we do have a good reason to fire him in a month and a half. 2-10 (0-8) doesn't cut it.

jayhawkintx73 9 years, 4 months ago

This has set KU football back two decades. At least two decades ago we beat Oregon, Oregon State, UCLA during the 90s. BRING GLEN MASON BACK! He would be worth a couple million a year, and you can bet they would not have lost by 52 last night. In fact, they may have won the game.

kureader 9 years, 4 months ago

... not sure we'd want Mason back. But it's really painful to listen to Gill's interviews. I'm sure he's an intelligent guy ... but his inability to handle the English language or to express himself during an interview makes him look really dull. I'd expect clearer thinking and better communications skills from a 2 million dollar coach. I'd like to give him a chance, and after the Georgia Tech game, I swore I would. But geez. He acts and sounds more like a $400,000 coach who should still be in Buffalo.

Bryan Hutchinson 9 years, 4 months ago

Snyder did not have a winning season at KSU until his third season. His first season he was 1-10 and did not win a bowl game until the fifth season. "Just saying!" I remember hearing these types of things Bill Self's first year as well.

Cmill1221 9 years, 4 months ago

yes but snyder took over a program that had not won 5 games in 3 years. AND his teams showed improvement from week to week. we look like we are getting worse. and as far as basketball and Bill Self. give me a break!! Self had a PROVEN WINNING RECCORD!!!!!! took 2 teams to the elite 8 GILL HAS NOTHING, not even a clue!!! 3 down linemen on the goal line aginst southern miss, since then i have not watched a game for fear of breaking my TV but i can tell you from the scores on the ticker it doesnt look like its gettin any better.

Dan Pawlowski 9 years, 4 months ago

I had no problem understanding Coach Turner. When you make those comments I hear a banjo playing the Jim Crow Blues.

Dan Pawlowski 9 years, 4 months ago

Sorry I meant to directly address the comment by kureader.

beenahawk 9 years, 4 months ago

His comments are soft because the questions are soft. The trouble is he can't even smack a low hanging softball for a single...and he used to play baseball!

Cmill1221 9 years, 4 months ago

ill answer the last question for you turner.... WORSE!!!!

Mark Lindrud 9 years, 4 months ago

Gill lacks passion when he speaks and it shows on the field. This team has gotten worse because it lacks that internal fire a football team needs. I know we have talent issues, but we still are not firing off the ball and attacking on every play. We are going through the motions and unless something sparks this team to step it up I am afraid this won't change anytime soon.