Podcasts

Jayhawks landing juco commitments left and right

Spodcasters

Comments

Raydude 1 year, 7 months ago

I couldn't listen to the entire spodcast...before commenting on the negativity....... anyone remember...Bill Whittemore??? Don Goode..who ran down Jack Mildren from behind, before doing well in the NFL, and many others? Our program should be thankful for the many good players from community colleges and JC's!!

Jason Keller 1 year, 7 months ago

What spodcast did you listen to?

Raydude 1 year, 7 months ago

Listing players that 'don't pan out'...trouble adjusting to D1 football...having to stay the 'juco route' if getting lot of them this year. We have had many great cc/jc tranfers that played immediately, Aquib Talib redshirted. I think the only reason to go the cc/jc route is to accelerate the quality of the product on the field. Not having to wait for 1-2 years of development.

Boouk 1 year, 7 months ago

With 9 spots still left in this recruiting class, I think we should focus on getting at least one more WR, DE, and S all capable of starting immediately. I don't want to be counting on Dexter Linton and Ray Mitchell playing a ton of snaps at S next season, and I'm kind of worried McCay will be a little bit of disappointment.

Micky Baker 1 year, 7 months ago

I didn't hear much negativity here.

Boouk, I think this is includes 2 safeties already and there are a couple of younger CBs that could allow the kid from Butler County to move over to Safety if they can get some breakups and show the ability to stay disciplined. Combs looks stronger and faster than James McClinton, by the way.

I do think that this will help get some good recruits out of high school to get into this strength and conditioning program and also see PT next year.

Terry N Tom Denner 1 year, 7 months ago

Got to get a field goal kicker that can hit from more than 30 yards out. The kid " Austin Rehkow " kicked a 67 yard field goal from Central Valley HS out of Spokane Wa. Com-on Charlie, seek this kid out !!!

Lash 1 year, 7 months ago

We have one on campus, Kahn, kicking 60 yards.

Keith Hummel 1 year, 7 months ago

Good Stuff! Very impressed with how Coach Weis has shored up the roster, especially defensively. As was said, however, we desperately need to sign a stud WR or two. I didn't see anyone on our current roster who could do that this year. Heaps could be the next Tom Brady, but if no one can get open or catch the dang ball it won't matter.

canuckhawk 1 year, 7 months ago

If Heaps can hit an open target, he will look like Brady after what we've become accustomed to seeing this year....but point taken.

pbouldenv 1 year, 7 months ago

Good stuff Matt and Tom. I love hearing the talk about KU football!