Podcasts

Comments

rcd1963 13 years, 7 months ago

I feel it would be a gracious and appropriate gesture if just the Jayhawk would approach Roy Williams before the game and shake his hand. Nothing more,nothing less

Michael Foulston 13 years, 7 months ago

Draft, or draught, if you prefer, refers to the act of drawing a liquid from a cask or keg. All terms come from the same origin. My guess is a "draw" is what I used to get at Benchwarmers back in the day, i.e., cheap beer on tap served in a plastic cup. A draught is what I get at an Irish Pub from someone who knows what they are doing with a keg of Guinness.

I was there in '91 for the celebrations on Jayhawk Blvd. What a blast! I was also there for the not quite so celebratory reaction to the '93 FF, which is basically why the celebrations are on Mass St. now...if memory serves...oh well... Go 'Hawks! Send the 'Heels packing!

Michael Class of '93

Marcia Parsons 13 years, 7 months ago

Our path through the bracket was not lower seeded than UCLA's with the exception of the final game. They played a 3 while we played a 10, but our 10 had already beaten the 2 and 3 so we didn't have a chance to play them. UCLA played a 16 (like all the #1s), a 9 (all #1s played 8 or 9--we got an 8 to their 9), UCLA next played a 12 just as we did. I'd gladly have traded them their final game with a 3 for our 10. I expected that kind of talk from the CBS commentators, but you guys should have known better.

Oregonhawk 13 years, 7 months ago

I second the suggestion that the Jayhawk shake Roy's hand prior to the game. It says a lot about us and it just may rattle the ole' boy up a bit.

actorman 13 years, 7 months ago

One interesting point that was brought up: Self benching Darnell early. Self has gotten a lot of credit, and rightly so, for putting in the box-and-one to stop Curry in the second half. But it was also a great move to bench Darnell so quickly and put in Sasha. He was basically saying there's no margin for error and he needs to go with the guys who are going to play the best, no matter what the history is. That was a tremendous move. And hopefully Darnell will come out on fire and like the Darnell we know and love on Saturday.

NH_JHawk 13 years, 7 months ago

93jayhawk - I'm class of '94 and your post made me laugh....what a blast from the past. I remember Benchwarmers all too well drinking dollar pitchers and listening to various bands (my roommate played drums in the Milhous Nixons, a band that used to play a lot at Benchwarmers with groups like The Wake and That Statue Moved) Yes, a "draw" was like a $.25 beer in a plastic cup...lol! Oh the memories....

Jonathan Allison 13 years, 7 months ago

Definitely gotta say when I think of a draft I'm thinkin a pint or a 24 oz on tap. And a draw is a cheap beer in a small plastic cup.and yes My prediction: PainEspecially if Rush comes out with "the eye of the tiger" In a purely Rocky Balboa sort of way and not meaning anything about the Memphis Tigers, Tiger Woods or any other unmentionable Tigers from down the road.