Podcasts

KU coach Bill Self talks about the hype and expectations for the 2013-14 team

Press Conferences & Post-Game Interviews

Comments

Glen Darge 6 months, 2 weeks ago

I very much like the professional abilities of Coach Self and the leadership skills he possesses. I know he will lead this years team as he has done in the past since his arrival at KU. I wish the team the best and look forward to all of them performing up to the expectations of the Coach. That includes them playing as men and accepting what is throwed at them to deal with as a team. No one player is responsible. I really enjoy watching them play from my easy chair as I have done for the last thirty years. Good Luck to all of them!--ROCK-CHALK.

dman_7899 6 months, 2 weeks ago

Right, AW III will redshirt after he played last year - whatever Jhawkerman - get with it.

RibMan 6 months, 3 weeks ago

Bill Self is a genius with outstanding social skills. Very rare.

Ralster Jayhawk 6 months, 3 weeks ago

How about this: Whichever of these really "good" frosh players that is slow to adjust to Div.1 speed, is the one who sits? Like AW3 did last year. It will play out right in front of us.

Greg Lux 6 months, 3 weeks ago

Great to hear about the team. Thanks Coach. I was sure Coach would probably only play nine max and he confirmed that yesterday. Now will be the wait and see as too who the 7,8 and 9 will be I am glad I don't have to make the final cut with this group because 10,11,& 12 will surely be disappointed. I will put my guess in Wiggins Selden Tharpe Frankamp Black Ellis This is my sure 6 to be in the rotation. Mason, Greene and embiid all have the talent to play, but the numbers are not there so at least one needs to RS. ( BUT WHO???) AW III is a likely RS

Lucas (already RS) and likely to play some time. Traylor and Wesley have already redshirted so they will play or be bench fan.

With AW III as a RS we still have 12 possible players available to make the 9 man rotation. That's 3 very good players who are not going to play much. That is motivation for sure. Best wishes to all the Jayhawk players I am rooting for all of you.

Rock Chalk

mikehawk 6 months, 3 weeks ago

Classic Bill Self. A master communicator. Talking to the media, the fans, and the players, all at the same time.