Podcasts

Comments

Joel Thomas 1 year, 8 months ago

Anyone else can't help but waste time in other forums rebutting trolls? Anyway, great game. EJ has kept his nose to the grindstone.

Joseph Bullock 1 year, 8 months ago

I'm wondering now, if Rio Adams finally understands why Coach Self stuck with E.J.? Where E.J. is now, because of the Confidence Coach Self showed in him, shows not only how mentally tough E.J. is, but also Coach Self, with all of the criticism that was out there (everywhere), for sticking with E.J. I was not opposed to E.J. continuing to be a starter, like most people, but I did think that Tharpe should get more playing time, especially in crucial times, late in games (and I think he has), to take some of the ball handling pressure off of E.J.
And back to Rio: Let's think about this, young man. If you don't think, even if you, at some point in time in your career, become a starter, that you won't have ups and downs, and go through slumps, even as you get more years under your belt, then you are sadly mistaken, and arrogant beyond belief. Now my point is, that if you stop making all the careless turnovers, and do at some point, get to where you are a starter, and have a major slump, would you want Coach Self to do to you, what you wanted him to do to E.J. (quite selfishly, I might add-you need to stop listening to family and friends who just tell you what you want to hear, and who don't see, or understand, the big picture), and replace you, or would you want him to stick with you, having trust in you at that point? Think about it!
Furthermore, if you want to transfer, then no matter where you go, the whispers will always be, that you are a quitter, and that you are not tough enough, when it comes down to it, and don't think great teams, and great players, won't exploit you on that. Stay the course. Your tweet was ridiculous, especially after what Mario said about not transferring was the best decision he ever made! Coach Self Specializes in making gaurds better, and tougher! Do you have what it takes, to step up, and admit you handled things wrong, and be a better team mate, and a better man?

purplesage 1 year, 8 months ago

"It's the most fun I've had coaching all season," or something like that. Must be why he got the early T. I could only listen on the radio but it seems like officiating leaves something to be desired, especially on the road trips. OSU and ISU both seemed beneficiaries of a lot of calls. But then, there was Withey's 5th non-foul.

BaldyC 1 year, 8 months ago

I've worked with Coach Self since his early days at Tulsa. What makes Bill so special is that he can motivate players. He's a highly intense and dedicated guy. He's tough. He makes players better. I'm looking forward to the Big 12 Tourney.

yates33333 1 year, 8 months ago

I think we saw the Perry Ellis of the future last night. He seems to have made the turn. He did things with confidence and authority. I am glad Coach Self made the comments he did about Perry.

Curtis Stutz 1 year, 8 months ago

He's really come around in the last couple games. Loved that face-up baseline J he hit last night. He looked like a big man on loose balls/rebounds too. I think the Magnificent 7 look ready to go right now, and the really good news is there are still other competent players ready to step up if need be with Jamari, AW3 and 'Rio on the team. I think this senior class' mentality of doing what it takes has to be setting in with the rest of the team.