Podcasts

Comments

David Hodges 7 years, 3 months ago

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!!!! ROCK CHALK! You fellas have done everything and more in my book. An NC is just Icing on the Cake at this point. Rock Chalk!

Lash 7 years, 3 months ago

I still remember all the wimpering last spring, summer and fall about not getting McDonalds all americans, losing freshman on eligibilty issues and that we were in trouble. I think we recruit who we think will fit, who will play defense, who can be coached. Let us forever remember In Self We Trust.

Shane Garrett 7 years, 3 months ago

Shout out to Keegen Topeka CJ for asking Releford a great question. Especially when no one else did.

Shane Garrett 7 years, 3 months ago

Whoops KU Sports . com. Sorry about that Tom. Go KU

otistex 7 years, 3 months ago

Right after the question you can hear the players talking between themselves: "Who woulda thought!" "You did!" Hilarious!

Kent Kossoy 7 years, 3 months ago

I told one of my friends at the beginning of the year that this would be a long painful season. It has been a long painfully great season!!

mikehawk 7 years, 3 months ago

Missouri out in first round. We beat North Carolina with Roy and his 7 Micky D's. We're in the Final Four. It's all gravy from here. OK...everyone be honest. Who really believed at the beginning, middle, or end of the regular season, that this team, as compared to better KU teams, would be in the Final Four this year? I didn't. I thought from mid way to the end of the regular season this team would reach their pinnacle if they could make it to the Elite 8 game. I still maintain being a #2 seed rather than a #1 seed helped relieve a bit of the pressure recent KU teams feel going into the sudden death of the NCAA tournament. Go play free in New Orleans. No one expects you to win it all there anyway. Not many, especially from the media, expect you to beat THE (Other) OSU. Have fun...be free...enjoy the moment. It's all gravy from here.

Curtis Stutz 7 years, 3 months ago

I actually had higher hopes early on for a Final Four than for a conference title. I knew this team was thin when the frosh were declared ineligible, but I also knew it was our most athletic squad since the '08 champs. I didn't expect them to be able to handle an 18 game conference season at 16-2 that's for sure, but I thought they'd be capable of coming together for the tourney and doing great things. Mind you I didn't expect a Final Four outright, but especially after I saw how well matched athletically we were with UK early in the year, I knew the ceiling for these guys was really high and they were capable. I don't think they've hit the ceiling yet, they definitely will need to in order to continue winning, they got up there today but still not from the outside and still with stretches of not making the most of offensive possessions. Never expected Withey to be quite this good, thought TRel might have become a little bit more of an offensive force. Definitely thought Teahan would be a little better from 3. I don't think anyone expected TT would be quite as good as he has this year. I had high hopes for him, but he's been amazing along with TRob. Kevin Young also has surpassed expectations, he's been awesome on the offensive glass and has played some great D. Didn't expect a lot from Tharpe this year, did expect EJ to grow into the stud he's become. These guys are definitely fearless and that has made all the difference.