Podcasts

KU coach Bill Self talks about nonconference schedule, Anrio Adams

Press Conferences & Post-Game Interviews

Comments

nuleafjhawk 7 years ago

I was a little surprised to hear Coach say that this year's team probably wouldn't fare well against a schedule like last year - Kentucky, Georgetown, UCLA, Duke and Ohio State.

Nobody thought last year's team would fare well against them either and it seems like we made it to the National Championship game.

I've always been a big, big fan of play the toughest teams possible early in the season. It helps your RPI, helps confidence in close games or wins, and prepares you for the post-season. I understand how that doesn't bode well for football, but for college basketball, I wish we'd play a schedule every year like we did last year.

David Lara 7 years ago

I'm not sure where this is coming from. I think most everyone expected big things last year in terms of regular season and big 12 goals. I don't disagree that we overachieved in the postseason, but last years team overcame a lot less than this years team must in order to reach the same level.

nuleafjhawk 7 years ago

Big things are always expected from us fans. Prior to the season, weren't we picked to finish 4th or 5th in the Big 12? Remember all the talk about what a "down" year it was going to be?

easyfive 7 years ago

One of the things i like about BS is he is learning... and adjusts his game now days. Hope he sticks around as long as Max F. did.

David Leathers 7 years ago

I love Bill Self. Just his voice gets my adrenaline pumping like a Trob one-handed alley-oop.

REHawk 7 years ago

I got a kick out of Self's reference to the number of games which could be played at Sprint Center prior to a possible KU seeding there in the Regionals. He kept insisting, "You guys should check that out." Then it suddenly hit him, "Maybe I should be the one to check that out!" HA!! (Sorry, my quotes were not precise; but the substance made for a merry moment). The guy is almost always good for a chuckle at his press conferences.

REHawk 7 years ago

Master of self-deprecatory humor.