Podcasts

Comments

Andrew Bary 7 years, 3 months ago

"I'll put the ball in his (TT) hands any day." That's the problem coach. When T Rob is hot, and you need 2 to win, dish low, lob low, let him dunk, oop, layup, draw foul, but when TT is not running strong, don't trust him to be clutch.

kuproud96 7 years, 3 months ago

I completely agree and that statement worries me. As the leader you have to recognize trends and be able to adapt rather than brush them off. How many time do you have to say "that's just Tyshawn" before you realize you can't depend on him when ball security is at a premium? The other constant with coach is that his teams play tight in pressure situations. Outside of one missed three pointer (Davidson) and one miracle we have performed tight when it really matters. That trend worries me.

Pitthawk34 7 years, 3 months ago

We have dominated this series and are a top 5 program in the country. They chose to leave. We can play anyone anytime any place. Why would we want to be the superbowl for a basketball program that not even comparable. They like beat up once every 7 games. Why even bother. Bring on better competition like a rotating series with Duke, Syracuse, Uconn, or even Florida. Now that would be fun. Not a Missouri team that is good every 4 years.

John Myers 7 years, 3 months ago

People like to say you can't blame losses on bad calls, but there were a couple bad calls in the last few minutes, that gave a TOTAL momentum shift to the team and crowd, and I think is a large part of why we couldn't close it out.

Honestly, though, even trying to step out objectively and just give it the eye test, we're a much better team than Missouri. We just need to quit shooting ourselves in the foot.

Rick Aldrich 7 years, 3 months ago

They still gotta come to our house. Sweet Vengeance will be ours. Rock Chalk Jayhawks.

Noel Graham 7 years, 3 months ago

I wasn't really expecting to win this game but DAMN, we should have won that game. That call on TRob was a killer, but that made some great shots to beat us. If we would have played the first half like we did the second we would have won handily. I think we win by 10+ in AFH.

Pitthawk34 7 years, 3 months ago

It is time for these other big 12 teams to step up to the plate. kansas state stepped up as well as oklahoma state. If the others dont step up f'em cause we will need help.

Ed Noyes 7 years, 3 months ago

Sorry we lost as I stood mesmerized in those last 3 minutes in OKC. I am really encouraged about this group of Jayhawks. Arguably, we now reflect Bill's greatest coaching job. In 2008, the Hawks had 10 playmakers/game winners and we now have 2.5 !!

The Big 12 Tournament will display a KU team that can go far into March. Bill Self hit 6 or 7 game winning or prolonging shots as a senior at Edmond High School and March will be added to that list.

Kyle Sybesma 7 years, 3 months ago

HCBS does a great job of calming everyone down after such a tough loss. I almost threw my couch out the window after this game. I think Self loved the toughness he saw Sat night.

I have noticed that we play our worst basketball when we get up by 8 or 9 points. This was the case last year too. I'd like to see more of a killer instinct. Stretch that lead to 16 and 17 points.

With that said....this is by far HCBS best coaching job since he's been here. One starter returning who has not had a history of consistency. A POY candidate who averaged about 14 minutes a game last year. And 3 other guys who didn't get much playing time. Not to mention we didn't have the best recruiting class and the prizes of that class are ineligible.