Podcasts

Comments

ahpersecoachingexperience 7 years, 9 months ago

Just a 40 year old man throwing his players under the bus. I've bashed Turner's coaching from day one but what I'm finding out now is this a sick person. If players are in the wrong position, not executing, or doing the wrong thing you don't say that to a room full of reporters. It's your fault! Your the mother loving head coach! You as a man (supposedly) leading 18-19-20 year olds making 2 mill per year! You take the blame!

SheahoRn needs to step in and step up for these players! If not to fire the coach at least (!!!!!!) tell him to stop pointing his finger at the kids on the field! I dang next expect him to say "i didnt do it" like my 3 year old does after spilling his drink or coloring on the wall after our next beat down.

This is getting totally disgusting!

ghostofrealityspeaks 7 years, 9 months ago

Sorry Coach Gill. You must go. You are a good man of character but you are not the one to lead us back to respectability. If it doesnt happen before the end of the year I would be shocked. Still a lot of embarrasment to be seen.

Cal Bender 7 years, 9 months ago

Gill, standing on the sideline chomping on that gum, brings to mind a ditty I learned from a teacher many, many years ag. It goes like this: "The gum chewing sturent (coach?), and the cud chewing cow, are somewhat alike, yet diffenent somehow. What difference? Ah yes! I see all now. It's the intelligent look on the face of the cow!" He says he's not losing his confidence? Of course not, he has no idea of what it's like to coach with confidence and actually see his team progress. Does he care? Probably not. $2,000,000 (wow, that's a lot of zeros in the earnings figure for a coach of his low caliber) a year does a lot to assuage his feeling of being inept.

Mike Nicco 7 years, 9 months ago

How about a few follow-up questions. Like, "Coach, how are you going to make sure your team is more disciplined?" "Coach, how are you going to make sure your team comes out of half-time ready to play?" "Coach, how do you make sure the players stay sound in your schemes and if they stray, how do you make sure they don't do it again?" "Coach, when you see your team losing composure, how do you get them back into the correct state of mind?"

Nice question by the female report. Finally somebody asked a question with facts. Not, how do you feel about.... That is such lazy journalism.

"Coach, since the last 6 games have the same feel, what changes have you made and why haven't they worked?"

Nice last question. Would love to have heard if there was a follow-up question.

ahpersecoachingexperience 7 years, 9 months ago

Who is that lady? she is the only one that does ask decent questions. She has done it in previous weeks as well.

boknowssports 7 years, 9 months ago

tait, if he was there, will never get over his honeymoon with gill.

Jack McEnaney 7 years, 9 months ago

We Want Tressel! We want Tressel! We want Tressel

Kent Wells 7 years, 9 months ago

That was 6:40 I'll never get back. Why did I listen to him run the bus over the kids like that? Coach Self never talks like that. Well, maybe his last year. Anyway, I think I agree, $2M means you suck it up and take some responsability. That was 6 minutes of BS coach speak.

Kent Wells 7 years, 9 months ago

Too much vodka and pain killers consumed while watching that POS KSU game... To clarify:

That was 6:40 I'll never get back. Why did I listen to him run the bus over the kids like that? Coach Self never talks like that. Mangino never talked like that - well, maybe his last year. No real coach does that to his kids. A real coach holds them accountable, in the locker room. NEVER in the public view.

Anyway, I think I agree with most posters here, $2M means you suck it up and take some responsability. That was 6 minutes of BS coach speak.

I hope that clarifies...

Jack McEnaney 7 years, 9 months ago

I dont lose to rivals, especially the same rival in back to back years with both at home. Do you think KSU will score 59 points next year if you keep the same coaching staff? It is time for a change. Your new head coach of the University of Kansas, Jim Tressel

Micky Baker 7 years, 8 months ago

Would be an excellent choice, if we had a chance to land him. I don't think we do.

Pitthawk34 7 years, 9 months ago

Good guy but not a good football coach. I will wait for the season to be over and see what happens before I cancel next season tickets. I have a hard time paying over $3000.00 a year watching terrible football. If we lose that one thing but we are so bad and it is not like kansas state is all that great. This game proved how really bad we are. It is your turn Zenger, fire gill and I will continue my season tickets. We need a defensive minded coach and bring in a spread type offensive mind. The snap and a cloud of smoke is just not going to cut it in this league with our defensive struggles.

Jeff Johnson 7 years, 9 months ago

This Tressel talk by some on this thread his HILARIOUS. The man is being talked about as the replacement for the current Colts coach in Indianapolis when he finally gets the axe in the next year or two. Tressel would NEVER stoop as low as to come to KU in football and play second fiddle to the b-ball program. Glen Mason, Mango....that about as good as it will EVER get at KU.

Scott Kaiser 7 years, 9 months ago

I tried to tell y'all over a month ago that KU would suck this season. Some of ya even thought that I was a K-State fan based on my posting name. Nah, I'm just a hometown boy who grew up in the backyard of KU and sees that KU sucks this season. I lived on Alabama Street growing up and me and the neighbor kids would play football in the intramural fields next to the O-Zone parking lot while the KU game was blasting on the radio from the sidelines on a crisp autumn day back in the 70's. Sadly, those days are gone....

Cmill1221 7 years, 9 months ago

I was pissed when Gill was hired B/C i knew the next time KU had a CHANCE to be good again i would be 33 (5 Years of Gill and 3 years to clean up) i feel bad for old dogs like you and My dad who will be almost 60 when it happens. EFF THAT! Get rid of this guy.

Micky Baker 7 years, 8 months ago

Continue to evaluate? Players tried to overcompensate and not doing what they've been taught to do? Gill, What have you taught them to do? Because whatever it is you've taught them, it isn't working in the big boy league.

The three penalties? The fumble? The second fumble? Your OC's play calling? The inability to stop?

Coach Gill, you are not getting the guys prepared. You're not teaching them anything.

Micky Baker 7 years, 8 months ago

He says inexperience? Texas Tech is inexperienced, and they beat Oklahoma in Norman yesterday. Enough excuses Gill. You're not cut out for this.

"I still believe in my ability to coach, develop, blah blah blah".

Gill, I don't believe in your ability to coach at this level.

Micky Baker 7 years, 8 months ago

Gill is not coaching the players, but blames them. After 19 games, Turner Gill has not shown he has the experience to be a coach of a peewee team yet. This man still believes he has the ability to coach and develop. HE ISN'T DOING IT.

KU_Alumn_2000 7 years, 8 months ago

Terry Allen's MO State Bears has a better defense than us. Wouldn't surprise me if they would take us.

Joe Ross 7 years, 8 months ago

Coach Gill said in the post-game that players aren't doing what they're supposed to do. If they are out of position that's COACHING issue. Don't like the defensive scheme? That's a COACHING issue. Want to correct a player's performance so he doesn't make the same mistake again? That's a COACHING issue. Need new personnel to play the position to get the right coverage? That's a COACHING issue. So my question is why these coaching issues continue to impact the game so negatively on such a regular basis. Hmm...and I'm just wondering out loud to myself, "Maybe the coach IS the coaching issue."