Podcasts

Comments

ahpersecoachingexperience 8 years, 4 months ago

I swear! Somebody give me a press pass and let me ask a couple of questions. If I hear this man say "execute" or "make plays" one more time!!! Step up Turner! Stop placing the blame on this kids when it's on you and your staff.

gorilla10 8 years, 4 months ago

After going to the game today I am very dissapointed in KU as a program. Looking around the stadium and listening to conversations.......there isn't much positive talk going on in memorial stadium on gamedays. To top is off I have to look over and see our weak student section halfway full on HOMECOMING knowing that half of those students there will leave at half......NO MATTER WHAT THE SCORE IS! KU football is going in the wrong direction wherever you look.....It's easy to point at Gill and blame him but he and the players need our support. If we want KU football to get back to where it was 3 years ago, there is a lot more than coaching that needs improving.

During halftime I was standing atop the bowl looking outside the stadium and see tailgates FULL of people drinking, partying, who don't care what's going on inside the stadium. That is WEAK tradition! When the game is on, get in the stands and support our program. Lawrence KS acts like football is a little party around the stadium.......

gorilla10 8 years, 4 months ago

Turner Gill is KU's coach, he is a Jayhawk, he is on our side! Get behind him and support him whether you like him or not! As long as Turner Gill is standing on KU's sidelines, I'm cheering him on no matter what.......

patkindle 8 years, 4 months ago

dont be mean to the players, poke them in the chest or swear at them

just feed them snicklers take away their phone, and let them pray,

everything will be ok right!

some one needs to remind turner gill football is a competitive sport and most other teams want to win more than he does

gorilla10 8 years, 4 months ago

Your post goes to show how much you know about coaching and football. Little more complicated than that patkindle.......you sound like a big excuse! You must have been one of those fans tailgating during the game and not paying attention at all and then complaining after.....perfect example! thanks

Scott Murphy 8 years, 4 months ago

Where to start........................well I won't go all negative here other then to say that Vic Shealy must go, he has no clue what he is doing!! When the defensive players can't even make a fundamental tackle time after time he has got to go!! Who do we get I don't know, hell I could coach better then him and I have zero experience it's basic fundamentals!!

One more thing Jordan quit throwing the ball into double coverage and for god's sake learn to throw out of the wildcat once in a while!! Sheeezzzzz

Alex Fletcher 8 years, 4 months ago

It seems like everyone wants us to fail.. instead of hoping that we lose, how about we get behind the team and the coaching staff. If you actually care about the team, then you would fully support them no matter what

Stephen Young 8 years, 4 months ago

Turner Gill WILL turn this program around. But he can't do it overnight. Fact is, Mangino left the cupboard empty of talent; we got NO recruiting bounce whatsoever out of the Orange Bowl. By contrast, Coach Gill's first full class (which exceeded any realistic expectations) showed the man can recruit talented football players. Look at our vast improvement on offense! We all want KU Football to escape its mediocre past, but we never will IF (as we have done so often in our past) we give head coaches no more than four years to "resurrect the dead" in one of the toughest FBS conferences. Patience, my Jayhawk brethren. Patience!