Podcasts

Comments

jayhawkinnebr 9 years, 3 months ago

Admit it Gill you were completely out coached. You have some talented players, use them correctly. You tried to blow smoke up here but, I think it is catching up with you. I have been to some of your talks here in Nebr. and I could see that you would never make a coach. Your plan stink. "Make Progress", how long is it going to take 40 years?

haydenhawkco 9 years, 3 months ago

Take it easy hee-haw. Until you obtain some writing skills, we cannot take you seriously.

ahpersecoachingexperience 9 years, 3 months ago

oooh 11 aaaah11111111111111111111111 well 111111 hard 111 lip smack 111111111111 any 1st year reference 1111 no per se or from that standpoint. . .i got to get a new name! and whoever asked the "just be competitive" question off. . .awsome!

he was a soldier of rome. . .honor him.

DocBean 9 years, 3 months ago

you missed a "from that standpoint" around the first minute. I think he said play hard more then 3 times.

haydenhawkco 9 years, 3 months ago

Your sentence ended with a preposition hee-haw.

KSseahawk 9 years, 3 months ago

"I didn't come to KU to be competitive." Couldn't have said it better myself Gill. Sounded like he was happy with the result...hey, they didn't double the spread...heck, they didn't even cover the spread. That's being competitive right???

He went for it on 4th in his own territory to, "keep the momentum and to send a message to the team that they can get it done," yet let the clock wind down at the end of the half to take a FG because, "he didn't want to turn the ball over." Which is it??? You're sending mixed messages to the team and to the fans. If I hadn't been paying attention to the game, I'd have thought we actually won...he sounded positive and upbeat after this game. The Hawks may have done some nice things in the first half, but not in the second. Progress should be measured by putting a complete game together, something neither Turner nor this team or the staff have the first clue at doing. It's taken 7 games for them to understand they need to simplify the defense?!?!?! Ridiculous.

Scoreboard in conference season, Turner: 187 - 40.

temjay 9 years, 3 months ago

So in the Turner Gill Guide to Coaching the object of the game is to keep the pressure on the opponent but not score touchdowns.

OK, thanks for the explanation, coach. It all seems so much clearer now.

Carter Patterson 9 years, 3 months ago

Hey Jesse? Are you doing a summary so I don't have to listen?

atkist 9 years, 3 months ago

I have been a football fan since 1961, and a KU fan since 1962 when Gale Sayers came to town. John Hadl had move on to the Chargers and becoming a good QB. From Jack Mitchell and Sayers to Pepper Rogers, John Riggins, and John Zook and the 69 Orange Bowl to 2 shots of Don Fambrough, with Nolan Cromwell and David Jaynes in the 70's, to Glenn Mason and defensive excellence in the early nineties to Terry Allen and the meek late nineties to Mangino. My point is after 50 years of intermittend good to great teams, with players who went on to become NFL Hall of Fame players and many players with good to great careers, when will the KU Athletic Department ever keep good coaches or make good hires when needed. There is absolutely no excuse for us to go from the Orange Bowl to what we have today. Having seen the talent I have seen at KU no reason exists for not being a program that can average 7 to 8 wins yearly and an occasional big bowl like the Orange Bowl, Fiesta, etc. Turner, having seen you roll up points on KU during your Nebraska years, you better recruit well. I for one, and many like me, are sick and tired of decade after decade of 4 or 5 good seasons followed by multiple beatdown loss seasons.

Do we can thank Lew Perkins for the most recent mess or do we finally hold the Athletic Department responsible for decades of abusing the KU football program. If by chance Turner Gill turns this all around, experience tells me he will not stay.

It is possible to have a school that plays two sports, football and basketball well. To name a few close to us, Oklahoma and Texas do it. Ohio State and Florida do it. EIther quit abusing the program and long time fans. As I have told my son, being a KU football fan requires patience. Every decade guarantees good teams and teams like we have this year and for the next three to four years of losing while installing a new system.

Rock Chalk, Jayhawk. We will not win consistently in football until this cycle ends.

Wildhawk2198 9 years, 3 months ago

We will win with Turner Gill as our HC! Relax! It takes time to put in a system and get your own players. Coach Gill knows football and is a good recruiter. In 2-3 years you will all eat your words. And if you can't support the current coaches at KU then go cheer for Mizzou! KU does not need fair weather fans!