Podcasts

Comments

Jayhawk1116 10 years, 8 months ago

A lot of "Triangle and 2"? Bob Knight didn't recognize it. And Brent Musburger totally butchered the history and meaning of "Rock Chalk Jayhawk". The Big 12 has gotten the shaft on announcers this year. I DEMAND BETTER.

jmarsh47 10 years, 8 months ago

Bob and Brent need to go to another conference. Or find another job! After watching these two bozos try to announce KU games this season, this was their worst attempt. More important KU did it again! Go KU!

kulaw83 10 years, 8 months ago

Why didn't Frank Martin get a technical in the second half when he came out on the floor?

lama 10 years, 8 months ago

Knight and Musberger are fine. Way better than Dave "Wow" Armstrong and the hacks the Big 12 throws out there.

Carter Patterson 10 years, 8 months ago

I miss Ron Franklin. I think he does a great job for us. I don't mind Brent/Bob like the rest of you, but Ron (along with Fran) does a great job and would be my preferred broadcaster.

Lone_salina_kufan 10 years, 8 months ago

Interesting fact:
Big 12 Tourny was the only one where all top 4 seeds advanced to semis, and the only tourny that all 4 teams in the semis that were ranked in Top 25. I think that makes the argument that the Big 12 Tournament was the toughest one to win.
I know the Big East is probably better top to bottom, but to win this tournament was special. I believe it was the only one that had two Top 10 teams battle it out in the final. THIS is the Big 12's and KU's night!!!! Rock Chalk Championship

swense 10 years, 8 months ago

Just can't stand negative comments after seeing a great game between the best in the Big 12 conference. Bob Knight has more knowledge about the game than any color commentator in the business. If it ticks some of off, so be it.

Greg Lux 10 years, 8 months ago

If you think Knight and Musberger are not the best. I remember the days of Bill Walton .. He set the standard for HORRIBLE.. For us older guys we remember him butchering our players names time and again .. He was so bad I use to listen to Max on the radio and watch the game on TV. I just couldn't listen to Walton anymore.. So I guess even though Knight is not great he is so much better then Walton I tolerate it...

Rock Chalk

Carl O'Hair 10 years, 8 months ago

Knight didn't recognize the Triangle and 2? Self admitted that they took some liberties with the defense in that they switched with the guards when screened. Anyone could have missed just what was going on, even one of the best coaches of all time.

I have enjoyed Knight in all the games he and Musburger have done this year and although I do like Ron Franklin and Fran Fraschilla more than most I really think that Knight and Musburger make a very good team. Knight smoothes over some of Brent's knowledge of the game and the only time all year I thought he was wrong was when he said that Sherron shouldn't start the second half of that one game and Self disagreed. Knight knows the game and is not at all bashful about telling about what he does know. He does great color and passes on his knowledge at the same time.

I am not looking forward to whoever CBS throws at us since it surely won't be any of the four we have mentioned here. I will take Knight over Clark Kellogg any time for just outright knowledge and delivery. Now how many times will I have to listen to Kellogg or do my Dickie V control or turning the sound off.

Turk 10 years, 8 months ago

It is obvious that ESPN loves the east coast teams. I couldn't believe they didn't really show the Big 12tournament until the final. Brent should have been retired 15 years ago. He totally had his facts all screwed up about Rock Jayhawk chant. I wonder about coach Self story about getting a player and a coach. Coach Knight usually knows his facts. CBS should bring Craig Bolerjack, voice of the Jazz, onboard to do key games. He is very good. If you ever get a chance tune him in sometime. Jim Nantz is his protege. Rock Chalk! The officials are letting the games get too physical. We need a few techinal fouls called. The start of the KU-KST game was a shoving and pushing match by KST. Then Frank Martin had the audacity to tell the refs he wasn,t getting enought fouls called against KU. I would have tee,d him up big time for walking out on the court.