Votes

Back to photo galleries

Thomas Robinson press conference

photo thumbnail

Jayla Paris, sister of KU junior Thomas Robinson, foreground center, looks around the room during ...

photo thumbnail

Kansas junior basketball player Thomas Robinson waves to the crowd after he declared for the ...

photo thumbnail

Kansas junior basketball player Thomas Robinson laughs at a remark by KU coach Bill Self ...

photo thumbnail

Kansas junior basketball player Thomas Robinson, declares for the NBA Draft on Monday during a ...

Comments

REHawk 7 years, 3 months ago

Wow! Nice photo gallery. A real joy to see Jayla joining her big brother for this very important occasion.

Janet Olin 7 years, 3 months ago

OK, why haven't I been able to access ljw.com all day today, and why are the photos missing from this gallery??

Jonathan Allison 7 years, 3 months ago

Looks like Jayla has a Jayhawk pendant on her necklace.

Can anyone tell me what's hanging from TRob's gold chain?

Jonathan Allison 7 years, 3 months ago

no point. I just noticed the jewelry and was wondering what it was. I suspect that it's something that is very meaningful to TRob, maybe a memory of his mother.

Stan Unruh 7 years, 3 months ago

Can't someone please get Jayla a nice Kansas Jayhawk shirt. Maybe 2 or 3?

MimiHawk 7 years, 3 months ago

She does have some... she had one on in the ESPN video they showed last January. I'm sure she picked out this shirt so she would look extra cute on her 9th birthday.

Happy Birthday, Jayla!

Jayhawk_4_Life 7 years, 3 months ago

The last picture says it all...T Rob with his arm around his sister while they're both smiling.

kupride4u 7 years, 3 months ago

Thanks for a great run! We'll miss you and best of luck!

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but is that the best he could do for a press-conference shirt? Rebel Leaders?

Jonathan Allison 7 years, 3 months ago

I thought the same thing about his attire. Some guys dress up for their press conference. But I won't hold it against him

Dan Eyler 7 years, 3 months ago

Now someone had to get political about T Robs shirt. So as a conservative from good old Kansas, I truly dig his shirt. Can there be a better individual to Influence this guy than MLK? T Rob has been to hell and back after the death of him mom and now taking care of his little sister, without a mother or father to lean on is amazing. Honestly I think it tells us a lot about a guy who I hope and pray will carry through with the love and responsibility for his sister. He will have the resources very soon. Martin Luther King talked about a dream for all Americans. He also sent a message of responsibility. To achieve the dream would take hard work and deep sacrifice. I think this guy is off to a pretty good start. So to those KU fans upset with the choice of T-shirts for this event, I think it helps to know that it wasn't KU that got T Rob to this point it was his mother and that guy on the shirt that got him to KU. So T Rob, I don't pay close attention to the athletes who come and go through KU, but you will be different for me. I'm a lot older than you but you remind me of what America should be like. Ride the dream!

kupride4u 7 years, 3 months ago

Wear an MLK shirt all he wants, but does it have to have the number around his neck and Rebel Leaders attached? That's what bothers me more. I hope he isn't a Rebel Leader at the next level.

79pkthawk 7 years, 3 months ago

Are you guys serious? T Rob is who he is, not who you want him to be.

Janet Olin 7 years, 3 months ago

Whew. Finally, after 10:30 pm (been trying since 8 am) I can access ljworld .com and KUsports.com. Thank goodness, and great photos.