Not one member of the 2018 Kansas football team got drafted by an NFL franchise this past weekend.
But as of Thursday, with news of kicker Gabriel Rui receiving a rookie minicamp invitation from the Kansas City Chiefs, the Jayhawks now have eight former players trying to find a way to catch on with a team.
Rui connected on 12 of his 17 field goal attempts as a senior this past season and sent all 28 of his PATs through the uprights.
The 5-foot-11 kicker from Hinton, Okla., drilled a career-long 54-yard field goal versus Nicholls in 2018.
As a junior, in 2017, Rui made 17 of his 20 field goals for KU and was a perfect 23-for-23 on PATs.
NFL opportunities for former KU players
• DT Daniel Wise: Dallas, undrafted free agent
• LB Joe Dineen: Denver, undrafted free agent
• WR Steven Sims Jr.: Washington, undrafted free agent
• LS John Wirtel: Chicago, undrafted free agent
• CB Shakial Taylor: Indianapolis, undrafted free agent
• OL Dwayne Wallace: Pittsburgh, undrafted free agent
• TE Mavin Saunders: Cleveland, rookie minicamp invite
• K Gabriel Rui: Kansas City, rookie minicamp invite