Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Jayhawks drop 69-66 decision at Texas Tech

The Kansas women's basketball team couldn't stop Texas Tech's Zuri Sanders during a 69-66 loss Wednesday night inside United Supermarkets Arena.

The Jayhawks (10-3, 0-2 Big 12) were led by sixth-year guard Jessica Washington's 22 points and three assists. Washington's 22 points marks her third 20-point performance of the season and 15th of her career. Senior guard Kylee Kopatich added 13 points, with all but three coming in the third quarter.

Texas Tech (10-4, 1-2) was led by Sanders, who posted a double-double with a career-best 21 points and grabbed 16 rebounds. Freshman guard Chrislyn Carr added 19 points and five assists.

Kansas travels to Kansas State at noon Sunday.

Comments

Town Thomas 2 months, 1 week ago

Such a lazy title and editor! If you are going to link this to the front page, can you distinguish it as Lady Jayhawks or women's basketball?

[''] 2 months, 1 week ago

When you see it's a Big 12 loss you know its the WBB team.

Steven Haag 2 months, 1 week ago

Except for lastSaturday at Iowa State.

[''] 2 months, 1 week ago

True - I'll clarify....When you see it's a string of Big 12 losses you know its the WBB team.

Dirk Medema 2 months, 1 week ago

I'm more concerned with the content than the title when there are several other articles about the men beating TCU.

The loss seems to be explained by we couldn't stop one of their players but Washington appears to have had a better game? Really doesn't seem to do much for helping fans that couldn't watch understand what happened.

Steven Haag 2 months, 1 week ago

Dirk, I agree. I know KU women’s basketball hasn’t been much.......since back in the Bonnie days, but many of us care about that program too. You would think there could be a few more paragraphs, maybe a quote from the coach, etc. this article is barely a byword

David Kelley-Wood 2 months, 1 week ago

I find both the loss and the skimpy coverage disappointing. I live several time zones away, and so was up in the middle of the night listening online. Tech was 0-2 in the Big 12 coming into the game. I was more optimistic than maybe I should have been. The ladies are going to win some games. Too bad this wasn't one of them.